Sign in to follow this  
Gandalf

Please post the solution

Hi All

Just a quick rant about threads without a conclusion 😉 this doesn’t just apply to Avsim but I thought I’d post here as it’s probably the most used site.

It’s very frustrating when a poster starts a topic about a problem with x,y or z and after reading the thread the op just either ends the thread with “problem solved” with no clue as to how or with no comment at all!

However a problem is solved, please please post the solution, it is always going to help someone out there. There is nothing more frustrating than reading a long thread about a problem, especially if it’s a problem that I have, and getting to the end with no resolution 😡

Anyway, rant over, have a good day 😀

Regards

G

• Like 3
  • Upvote 7

Fully agree. Nothing more frustrating than the "got it resolved" answer with no further explanation. It happens way to often.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

I couldn't agree more.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

I fully agree with you.

You might change „resolution“ to „solution“ in the title in order to avoid misunderstandung your post.

Edited by Flyfox

Felix

4 hours ago, Flyfox said:

I fully agree with you.

You might change „resolution“ to „solution“ in the title in order to avoid misunderstandung your post.

Good idea, how do I do that? 😊

And...in result, when you ask same question again, because you couldn't find under "resolved", you get answer like -".... read the thread, it was answered...(?!)"....

Ok....

Virtual Air Canada - Alex Luzajic

It's just rude or stupid, I can't figure out which. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

I think it is part of the "me, me and me" complex. I've got mine, you go get yours. More to the point, readers of the OP thread are not even considered or part of the thinking process of the person posting.

• Like 1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

I completely agree.  It's especially frustrating when people take the time to try to assist and the OP is never heard from again.

Scott

It could be the OP has found it was down to his own mistake and is then unwilling to post the solution 🙄

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

34 minutes ago, rjfry said:

It could be the OP has found it was down to his own mistake and is then unwilling to post the solution 🙄

Or ignored some of the advice given (while swearing blind he'd done it) and then subsequently finding it solved the problem.

• Like 1

With the internet being used as much as it is now, solutions SHOULD be everywhere. It's really frustrating to see "Got it fixed, please close the thread" without saying how it was fixed. While I can understand the frustration of going through a 30 page thread to find a solution, if you really want the problem solved, then put in the "work".

I try to respond to every thread where I've had an issue and resolved it. The majority of the community has to be "good neighbors" and post solutions when found as well. These days, there seem to be far less altruistic people.

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

1 hour ago, SKEWR said:

With the internet being used as much as it is now, solutions SHOULD be everywhere. It's really frustrating to see "Got it fixed, please close the thread" without saying how it was fixed. While I can understand the frustration of going through a 30 page thread to find a solution, if you really want the problem solved, then put in the "work".

I’m quite happy to read a 30 page thread  about a problem  but not happy to find “problem solved “  at the end with no indication of what, of the hundred odd suggested fixes, if any, actually worked! 

As you may have guessed, I currently have a problem... 😊

Regards

G

• Upvote 1

I actually found a great solution for this issue,

Thanks.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

13 hours ago, Flyfox said:

I fully agree with you.

Done.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals