Sign in to follow this  
JoshuaBrown

Which weather textures should I get?

I’m slowly migrating to P3D, but I currently don’t have any weather addons!

I’ve learned that active sky is the best weather engine, but I want to know what addon would give me the best textures? Things like Sky Force 3D, Active Sky Cloud Art etc...which is the best?

Thanks

Active Sky + Sky Force 3D is a killer combo in my opinion.

Big upgrade from ASCA.

Having used pretty much all of them, I'm with Active Sky + SF3D. Best combo.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Cloud Art produces dynamic texture changes, which is very nice. However, IMHO the best cloud textures are from REX. If you can afford it, you can run all three programs that you have mentioned. Only open REX to install textures, then run Active Sky while flying.

Having said that, REX will release a new product on April 30. I understand that it will have some similarity to AS Cloud Art, so that program together with AS may be a good option. I would wait until other users describe their experience with the new product.

Peter