Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Before the DC3, there was a Ford in your airline Hangar

I took my son on the first airplane ride in his life on the oldest flying passenger plane in the world, the Tin Goose. It appeared we were flying with the oldest pilot in the world too. 😁This was a momentous flight as a couple of weeks later this immaculate Ford Trimotor was destroyed in a crash in Michigan. 

• Like 2

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

I bought a ride on one at an airshow years ago for my daughter and I.  80 mph GS or so. It was a slow lumbering flight but worth every penny! Great memories!

• Like 1

Ed

ASRock 2390 Phantom Gaming 4S - Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6ghz - (4.6ghz turbo) liquid cooled -32GB DDR4-3000 mhz OC - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB - 480GB SSD - 970 EVO PLUS M.2 1TB

Pilot      C152 - C172SP - PA-28-181 Archer II - Piper PA-28 Cherokee -  AOPA# 09053717

https://www.pcflyers.org/

2 minutes ago, 188AHC said:

I took my son on the first airplane ride in his life on the oldest flying passenger plane in the world, the Tin Goose. It appeared we were flying with the oldest pilot in the world too. 😁This was a momentous flight as a couple of weeks later this immaculate Ford Trimotor was destroyed in a crash in Michigan. 

I saw the inside of one once at a museum in Nevada, the old Harrah's museum before they sold off a lot of their collection moved it to downtown Reno.  It was an impressive aircraft to look at, a pioneer of the DC10, 727 and L1011 if you think about it.  It was ahead of its time, I can only imagine flying in one, oldest airliner I have flown on is a PSA Lockheed Electra between SoCal and the Bay Area, which I flew on a couple of times before I flew my first jet ride, on a PSA 727.  When I was five years old, back in '66, my Mom and my brothers and I had to commute to the Bay Area to be with my Dad, who worked at Mare Island while looking for a place up there for us to live, he finally found Napa and I moved there from Burbank on my Kindergarten graduation night, my last flight out of Burbank for some thirty years, just a couple of hours after a sleepy little kid graduated from Kindergarten, lol.....  But I always woke up in time for the landing and to see the city lights of the SF Bay Area come into view.  When you fly at five years of age, you get hooked on flying for the rest of your life, at least I did, and growing up for me it was all about aviation and tourism.  I could not fly until Light Sport came into being around 2006, but I flew often for business and as a tourist, enough miles to have gone to the moon and back.

John

• Like 1