I love thopat's preset but it is badly outdated.  I have posted on their discussion board on their website, as have others, and they are no longer responding. 

Does anyone know if they are still developing this for the newer versions of P3d 4 and PTA tweak assistant?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Just wait until 4/30 when Rex environment force comes out, and chances are that you won't need PTA or Tomato for much of anything anymore- except maybe aircraft lighting.  Check out the site and see how this will be a game-changer for those of us who like to tweak shaders.

Well, there website for their preset has gone dark, so I guess they are closing shop.

My problem is I'm colored-blind.  I can't tweak these presets because, obviously, I don't have the ability to see the colors and shades.  That's why I depend on others, as I did with Thopat.

So, can anyone recommend a preset that would be a good all-around preset?  I appreciate the help.

I've been using "MattDavies_Dec18" preset and really love it. It works great anywhere I fly, and sometimes I'll adjust the HDR settings in sim slightly to adjust for seasons or locations. The preset is a great starting point, even without any HDR adjustments.

On 4/24/2019 at 4:29 PM, dal330200 said:

Just wait until 4/30 when Rex environment force comes out, and chances are that you won't need PTA or Tomato for much of anything anymore- except maybe aircraft lighting.  Check out the site and see how this will be a game-changer for those of us who like to tweak shaders.

Multiple tweaks are not included in EF and also no Post Processing. It is more a light version of PTA/TS...

Monica6211,

Thanks for the suggestion.  I'll give it a try.

On 4/24/2019 at 3:33 PM, bobterri said:

I love thopat's preset but it is badly outdated.  I have posted on their discussion board on their website, as have others, and they are no longer responding. 

Does anyone know if they are still developing this for the newer versions of P3d 4 and PTA tweak assistant?

To answer your question, Bob.

They said some time ago that they will no longer develop or modify thopat.

I think the reason were some discussions they get annoyed of.. Pity but hopefully Rex Environment Force will be what we are looking for

Thanks, Carsten.  You definitely need thick skin if you develop for the flight sim community.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobterri said:

Thanks, Carsten.  You definitely need thick skin if you develop for the flight sim community.

You can say that again!

• Like 3

And, who would know better, Matt!

The vast majority of us really do appreciate you and others who do so much for our hobby. 

On 4/26/2019 at 2:53 PM, GSalden said:

Multiple tweaks are not included in EF and also no Post Processing. It is more a light version of PTA/TS...

Agreed, but it's an important light version.  Most of the features I use are included- including things that reshade does, so this is a big deal:-)

7 hours ago, dal330200 said:

Agreed, but it's an important light version.  Most of the features I use are included- including things that reshade does, so this is a big deal:-)

Then it certainly is something for you and it will help you creatine a very nice atmosphere 😀