Sign in to follow this  
Noel

Beacon light switch?

I give, can't find it and FSCaptain is dinging me for improper handling of lights!

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Hi Noel.

As far as I am aware. Embraer have the beacon turn on automatically with the batteries. I have never switched on a beacon in either the 100 or the 300.

Cheers...Ken.

I was just checking through a tutorial for that aircraft and it never mentions turning on the beacon lights.  Can you fool FSCaptain by using the L key to turn on all lights and then setting your switches the way you want?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Thanks y'all I did find a comment about this that the beacon comes in when the ignition is turned on, and when I did a test flight in FSC it did not ding me for this!  As I just bought the plane and GTN750 I have been doing the easy Ctrl-E to start engines and that did not require turning on the ignition.  So I think we're good to go.  Thanks!

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Except for engine start, in heavy precipitation and severe turbulence you usually don't have the ignition switched on in a jet.

At least on the real Phenom 300 the beacon is tied to  the engine start/stop switch. The beacon is automatically turned on with the start/stop switch in the RUN or START position.

Thanks my bad, I thought it was the ignition switch!

Noel