Sign in to follow this  
sem

Can someone help me with Blurries? 4.4

unknown.png

(5 minutes out of Southhampton EGHI)

After i deleted my shaders folder because my cloud textures were bugged, this began to happen, i dont know how to fix it, i deleted my shaders in my appdata, and my scenery.cfg in programdata

22 minutes ago, sem said:

unknown.png

After i deleted my shaders folder because my cloud textures were bugged, this began to happen, i dont know how to fix it, i deleted my shaders in my appdata, and my scenery.cfg in programdata

This can be a symptom of the CPU being overloaded, can you monitor your CPU and check that only CORE-0 is at 100% but the rest has enough capacity available?

Regards,
Simbol  

1 hour ago, sem said:

What cpu do you have? 

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

My CPU is at 100%, i even uninstalled OpenCl and my FPS just keeps on draining, 30, 20Fps! 

2 hours ago, sem said:

My CPU is at 100%, i even uninstalled OpenCl and my FPS just keeps on draining, 30, 20Fps! 

And your system specs (see my signature for an example).  Are you still on a duocore system?

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

5 hours ago, sem said:

... i dont know how to fix it, i deleted my shaders in my appdata, and my scenery.cfg in programdata

Deleted your scenery.cfg file??

Are you sure?  So now what..

Bert

17 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

And your system specs (see my signature for an example).  Are you still on a duocore system?

I use a I7-3770 and a GTX 1060 16gb, normally my FPS would be fine here, but ive chosen to use the good o'l reliable full re-install, also sorry to keep the others waiting, i kind of left my pc after posting...

Edited by sem

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

Deleted your scenery.cfg file??

Are you sure?  So now what..

The scenery.cfg and dll.xml in the same folder will be rebuilt if deleted.

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

1 hour ago, sem said:

I use a I7-3770 and a GTX 1060 16gb, normally my FPS would be fine here

This is a so-so system. P3Dv1 ran great with the i7 2600K but that was a 32 bit app. Cannot overclock as you do not have the "K" designation at the end of 3770.  For a few dollars more this might have helped.  At least your could have set the BIOS to the optimal default of 3.9 GHz.  Still, at the basic CPU settings, it should run P3DV4 without many problems.  P3D is really not the problem as you can probably get over 300 fps with the 3770 with default scenarios, scenery, and aircraft.  But, when you add eye-candy scenery (which everyone wants), that's when your fps and subsequent blurries might suffer.  I got rid of my blurries by disabling hyperthreading in the BIOS.  It was as simple as that.  It is worth the effort to at least try it. 

I also fixed my problem with a system that can be easily overclocked to 5.0 including the 6 cores https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/9680135

I would be careful with things you are loading in the background.  If your add-on has to spend time loading objects and textures that has eye-candy, then your sim has to wait for that to happen and the subsequent textures appear blurry while that process is occurring.  You will have to try several different settings to help make the textures load faster.  No hyperthreading may do that. 

Submit News to AVSIM

A good test of performance in this area is to switch through the AI traffic. When one is selected further away from the user, there will be a little time while the view sharpens.

Be sure to have overhead in the system so that the critical core is a little below 100%. The way the sim works is to maintain fps while the area around the viewer Is filled in - however long that takes. When the critical core is at 100% the background fill in performance is reduced.

If the critical core is showing 100% it may be demanding anything, even 150 %, who knows?

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Some might find that hard to understand since if it's at maximum that's all it does..

We can move sliders to increase settings and eventually the critical core reaches 100%. At that point we can continue to move sliders to increase settings if they are not at maximum. We can, on a weak machine, add sliders till the machine crawls to a stagger. The size of over demand = size of decreased performance.

Just because the CPU is at maximum does not stop us adding in more settings. We can also swing the view around to perhaps a more complex scene, this being very similar to increasing settings.

And so if our CPU is holding max, we perhaps do not know at what demand the CPU is at. Could be at 150% or more.

The sim works best when the demand of the simulation is just below the capacity of the machine.

Take the Plimsoll Line on a ship. We can see the water level below the line so we can add cargo. If we add too much cargo the water level rises over the line and the captain will get into trouble, and possibly the ship. We can even see the extent that the ship is overloaded, by how far above the Plimsoll Line the water is lapping.

With the PC we only know it's at its maximum but we can't see by how much the over-demand is. Creeping the settings up to just near the 100% mark and leaving a little overhead provides the ability to soak up wobbles in demand.

Also, when there's slack in the system, it helps with the overall flow of all the subsystems running throughout the simulation.

Edited by SteveW

Once we are sure the system is not overreaching and there's still blurriness in the tiles, we must have a look at the texture size.

Textures are part loaded and displayed by upscaling so they look fuzzy when they are not fully loaded.

Try setting texture sizes down and also look at addons, planes and scenery, and perhaps select installs with lower texture sizes. See if the cockpit and dials can have different texture sets in some cases.

On 4/24/2019 at 4:55 PM, sem said:

I use a I7-3770 and a GTX 1060 16gb, normally my FPS would be fine here, but ive chosen to use the good o'l reliable full re-install, also sorry to keep the others waiting, i kind of left my pc after posting...

That is a 4 physical core cpu, if I'm not mistaken.  I think it also has Hyperthreading (HT)

Are you running with HT on or off?

It sounds like you have reinstalled so, maybe cleaning up your rig will free up enough cpu cycles to where you don't get the blurries you see in your screenshot.  Post up what you end up doing.

• Like 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Yes, it's a good idea if there are any kind of problems, to switch to HT disabled and set up first. HT can make some things good and some things bad.

Edited by SteveW

Another thing to try is to fly in another part of the world, so as to use different scenery.

If it's being reinstalled it might be a good idea to test it out in a medium complex area while stock, before adding anything in.