ICSimulations

GTN750 and FSEconomy GPS/VLOC Switching

I posted this in a wrong section of the forums. I am re-posting this here. I hope that is OK

The issue I had before was gone with the latest update to the GTN750. And that was the GPS/NAV switching back and forth VLOC to GPS...VLOC to GPS.  Not sure if this is even a GTN issue. I launched the sim hopped into the F33 Bonanza REP. This time though I decided to do a FSE flight. As soon as I started the FSE flight t he GPS/NAV switch started hopping between the VLOC/GPS modes. Any thoughts? Latest software updates installed for everything.

When I select start flight the flipping starts. When I land and complete the flight the flipping stops. This only happens the moment I select start flight and end flight.

Thank you!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Posted (edited)

Hi,

The only reason the GTN would switch back and forth is because it is receiving the external CDI mode input (otherwise there is a bug).

Please cross check for any plugin/hardware sending the following command:

"RXP/GTN/CDI_SOURCE_1" (or _2 for GTN #2).

Otherwise check whether a plugin is writing the following dararef (see RXP GTN manual p16):

RXP/gps/dscrt_in/cdi_src_1(_2)  boolean        discrete in signal (write 1 to trigger)
Edited by RXP

Hi check that the plane you are renting in FSE has a gps fitted, ive had the same problem, then i realised the plane i had rented only had IFR/AP but no GPS.

hope this helps.

• Upvote 1