Sign in to follow this  
Captain-Taylor

Blue and Green Stripes on Runways

Hi All, I am a relative newbie to flightsim and a really new to P3D. I purchased V4.4 about 6 months ago and recently upgraded to v4.5. I was hoping someone could help me determine why I see Green and Blue Stripes on runways when landing and taxiing. Also, pink stripes in the sky. They are not alway there but more often than not. I had hoped that v4.5 might correct this, but no luck. I have updated the driver for my 1050I video driver, but no luck. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kevin

Welcome to the forums.  Are you using a Shader Tweaker (PTA, ENVSHADE or the like)?  If not the problem could very well be your video card (is it a 1050 Ti?).  When you changed the drivers did you use DDU to clean out all the remnants of the previous driver?  That's the first thing I'd do.  Also, when installing new drivers for your video card make sure to do a "Clean Install" (as noted on the driver install page), and only install the parts of the package you need (for example, I don't game, only sim... so I install only the driver and nothing else).

Here's the download for DDU: https://www.wagnardsoft.com/content/display-driver-uninstaller-ddu-v18011-released

Our own Poppet wrote a nice guide for using DDU:

Good luck,

Greg

11 hours ago, lownslo said:

If not the problem could very well be your video card (is it a 1050 Ti?). 

Yeah. Weird color artifacts are often a sign of an overheating video card. Next time it happens open up the box and see if your video card's fans are running. And make sure they're not full of dust. If they are, get a can of compressed air from an electronics department and blow it all out, paying particular attention to getting it out of the heat sink below the fan. 

There's also a program you can download called HWmonitor. If your graphics card software doesn't tell you the card temperature, grab that and check what the reading is when the artifacts start. If you've cleaned out the dust and the temp is still too high (generally over 80 degrees C) then the thermal compound under the heat sink might have failed.

If none of that or lownslo's suggestions work, it might be time to replace the card.

Thanks so much for your replies and suggestions. I will go through all of you suggestions and get back to the form. My hardware is all less than 6 months old but it could certainly be faulty and possible dirty but doubtful. However, it cannot hurt to check. I have no similar issues with FSX, only since I went to P3D 4.4, and hoped that going to 4.5 would correct it but not so lucky.

Thanks again

Kevin

Just to let you know, I figured out my problem in P3D. There is a section in P3D called Navigation Visuals and within that section are sub sections called Facility Visuals & Ribbon Visuals, Three of these checked boxes were 1) Jet Airways which cause the Pink stripes in the sky, 2) Aircraft which cause the Blue Stripes on the runways and 3) Ground Vehicles which cause the Green Stripes. Not exactly sure why these are there or why they would be used but ......problem solved!!!!!  

Thanks so much for your replies, it is great to have this community to discuss and share ideas. 

Thanks Again

Kevin

• Upvote 1

Thanks for posting the fix, a lot of people don't bother, which is not too helpful if someone else encounters this in the future.

• Upvote 1

Ian S

38.jpg