Sign in to follow this  
Dane Watson

Texture Filtering and Resolution Question

I am having trouble getting the Texture Filtering and Texture Resolution settings to maintain the values I have saved them at - they keep automatically changing to other settings when I load P3D at another time.

I have saved and re-saved many times but my settings keep getting changed - why - can someone help me?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/7FVaxWH5FjffNPaG9

Edited by Dane Watson
Insert Linkk
  • Like 1

Regards, Dane

- Windows 10 Home - CPU Intel Core i7-10700KF @3.8GHz
- EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 GPU - 1TB SSD DRIVE - RAM 32GB - MSFS-2020

I had the same problem a long time ago and in my case the problem was caused by the fact that I created a default flight with an A2A plane. Creating a default flight with one of the default P3D planes instantly cured my problems! Do you perhaps have a self made default flight? If so, delete it and let P3D create the default flight and then see what happens. 

Default flights with a 3rd party addon plane MIGHT work but to prevent odd things from happening it's always best to use a default plane in the default flight.

I created a default flight with the A2A because that was the only plane I flew and I didn't like having to select it every time from the long list of planes: this 'problem' was solved by using the Favorite option the list of planes provides: you can make any plane you want a favorite and then tick the option to only show Favorites: this way you can select the plane you want within no time, without having to search through the entire list.

18 hours ago, J van E said:

I had the same problem a long time ago and in my case the problem was caused by the fact that I created a default flight with an A2A plane. Creating a default flight with one of the default P3D planes instantly cured my problems! Do you perhaps have a self made default flight? If so, delete it and let P3D create the default flight and then see what happens. 

Default flights with a 3rd party addon plane MIGHT work but to prevent odd things from happening it's always best to use a default plane in the default flight.

I created a default flight with the A2A because that was the only plane I flew and I didn't like having to select it every time from the long list of planes: this 'problem' was solved by using the Favorite option the list of planes provides: you can make any plane you want a favorite and then tick the option to only show Favorites: this way you can select the plane you want within no time, without having to search through the entire list.

Thanks for your help.

I finally found a fix to this very annoying problem - I deleted the Prepar3d.cfg file and rebuilt a new one and the problem was solved.

You know it annoys me that I first posted this issue on the Prepar3D Forum and not one person offered to help. I also don't know why there is no reference to this on that forum.

Regards, Dane

- Windows 10 Home - CPU Intel Core i7-10700KF @3.8GHz
- EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 GPU - 1TB SSD DRIVE - RAM 32GB - MSFS-2020