Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dennis_k

2D panel?

I bet the VC-only brigade are crying now :-lol. 2D panels are here to stay :)

>I bet the VC-only brigade are crying now :-lol. 2D panels>are here to stay :)I don't know about that, they seem to be *fading* away roflol :-lol

Dean Mountford
Ultimate VFR

Great to see a panel at last. Let's see some more.Nice to see some shadow under the glareshield, and the radio stack looks terrific too.Now just a decent sound to go with it and the Learjet will be flyable. I loved the old Learjet, but the sound was atrocious.I hope they never get rid of the 2D panel.Mike.

Mike Beckwith

Guest tdragger

I wish there was any easy way to demo the new sound tech. Our audio director (David) and sound developer (Rafael) have done some amazing work. You'll be blown away. Problem is that it really takes a demo on a 5.1 system to illustrate the huge difference.

Guest davidvoogd

A preview video with a 5.1 soundtrack would do the trick :(BTW any word on that hi resolution copy of the trailer yet?

New Lear panel looks great. Nice to see the center post incorporated into the panel also.

Ken

>I wish there was any easy way to demo the new sound tech. Our>audio director (David) and sound developer (Rafael) have done>some amazing work. You'll be blown away. Problem is that it>really takes a demo on a 5.1 system to illustrate the huge>difference.Mike, can you make a 5.1 PCM audio mix through Quicktime and just post a 'demo' soundtrack for those who have 5.1 systems?I'll take a look at my post production equipment and see if 5.1 is possible. It should be through the latest version of Premiere Pro or Final Cut Pro... I believe both programs have 5.1 encoding and mixing in them...

Dean Mountford
Ultimate VFR

Guest tdragger

>>I wish there was any easy way to demo the new sound tech.>Our>>audio director (David) and sound developer (Rafael) have>done>>some amazing work. You'll be blown away. Problem is that it>>really takes a demo on a 5.1 system to illustrate the huge>>difference.>>Mike, can you make a 5.1 PCM audio mix through Quicktime and>just post a 'demo' soundtrack for those who have 5.1 systems?>>I'll take a look at my post production equipment and see if>5.1 is possible. It should be through the latest version of>Premiere Pro or Final Cut Pro... I believe both programs have>5.1 encoding and mixing in them...It's not the format, it's the content. The video is made up of very fast cuts. In order to really appreciate David and Rafael's work you have to be immersed in the sim and listen to what's happening for more than a few seconds.

Hi Mike,I'm not a RW pilot, but I'll find any excuse to fly interstate, and there's nothing like the roar of a jet barrelling down the runway before takeoff. Then it gets quite again as the AC approaches the speed limit below 10000 ft. It's probably better for the pax than for the pilot anyway, since they're so far forward. It's the best feeling in the world. No wonder FS is so popular.I'm sure even a half decent sound system can capture this experience.Mike.

Mike Beckwith

Glad to see that at least some of the 2D panels are getting a facelift; hope most of them will get a new look, as I prefer to fly only with the 2D panel.Question though: I'm wondering what exactly this 2D transparency option means? Can anyone shed some light on this yet?

Ken

Guest Dennis_k

It means you can see trough your 2d panel.