Sign in to follow this  
mtr75

REX4 and PTA

Hi,

New to PTA, and I have very basic question that I think I know the answer to based on forum searches, but I want to be 100%:

Do PTA and REX work together?

For example, if I have my PTA preset the way I want it, but I change the textures in REX4, it will change the visuals in the sim or no?

I'm pretty sure the answer is yes. I just want to make sure. In which case it seems to me that PTA allows you to delve deeper into visual customization beyond what you can do with REX4 alone. Which I find pretty awesome.

Thanks!

Yes ... you're 100% correct. The two are totally separate - yet work hand-in-hand. REX may change the textures as seen, but the overall palette (colouring, shading etc.) will be controlled by PTA.

Adam.

• Like 1

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

Thanks Adam! My goal is a very realistic eastern Caribbean, and I've found some great tweaks to start down my path (including on your site!). It's nice to be able to fine tune with PTA. I've gotten some really nice results so far. 

Do you know of a good user guide for PTA? I find the documentation and the notes in the program itself somewhat lacking. I just want to understand better what does what. For example, the water i have now needs a bit deeper of a blue to it. Things like that. 

Thanks!

There's no short cut, I'm afraid 😞 ... I found the only way to learn was tweaking each function *individually* by setting extreme values (high and low) - just to see what happens. That gives a rough idea of what each function does - then you can dial it back to something more realistic.

The in-built image previews help a little, but I must admit I often wish more variations/examples were shown. The notes themselves can be a bit cryptic.

I've not seen a more "in-depth" guide anywhere - but many of the post-processing functions are documented all over the place, as they're pretty generic.

Adam.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.