Sign in to follow this  
Sethos

FlyTampa's Las Vegas (KLAS) now available!

10 hours ago, Benjamin J said:

Well, as it turns out, somebody already produced autogen for the LA area:

https://secure.simmarket.com/realworld-scenery-california-3d-environment-2017-fsx-p3d.phtml

I might buy it and see what it yields in the sim. if it proves to be good, I might buy more of it. I did buy some of the "Real VFR" series, and very much like it. Might be a worthwhile purchase for those now opting for MSE.

It's also available from PC Aviator, just in case you want to purchase MegaScenery and this all at the same place:

https://www.pcaviator.com/store/product.php?productid=21521

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

If anybody actually buys the RealWorld Scenery, please let me know how it performs for you. I bought it on sale and found it had quite a performance hit. No ORBX, just Megascenery was loaded.

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

Manage to get about 25fps most of the time in the FSLabs A320 using OPENLCNA. Wow what an airport and City. Absolute astoning in every way. PBR and dynamic lights in 4K really looks amazing. 

The Paris wheel seems to have some PBR and amazing shadows when it spinning. 

Demanding for sure but I love it. 

So tuff that my FSL actually had a Captain PFD freeze at FL184. not sure why though. Loaded up a saved flight at TOD and all back to normal. 

Michael Moe 

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

"I suspect PCA is selling many copies of MSE today."

Does PCA use the same installer as the MS site?

30 minutes ago, kenthom said:

"I suspect PCA is selling many copies of MSE today."

Does PCA use the same installer as the MS site?

Indeed they do. It's exactly the same stuff, just lower price... for now 😉

Having seen it, and having seen that MSE and OrbX POI co-exist fine, I ended up buying NorCal and AZ in addition to all the Ultrares City packs... 50% off, plus another 10% on checkout. And for these desert areas, I felt it was more than worth it! I was tempted to get Utah and Colorado as well, but then I remembered that these can be pretty snowy in winter, and so I held off of buying those. I would have bought NM as well, were it not that there is no quality KABQ yet...

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

1 minute ago, Benjamin J said:

Indeed they do. It's exactly the same stuff, just lower price... for now 😉

Having seen it, and having seen that MSE and OrbX POI co-exist fine, I ended up buying NorCal and AZ in addition to all the Ultrares City packs... 50% off, plus another 10% on checkout. And for these desert areas, I felt it was more than worth it! I was tempted to get Utah and Colorado as well, but then I remembered that these can be pretty snowy in winter, and so I held off of buying those. I would have bought NM as well, were it not that there is no quality KABQ yet...

Do the UltraCity packs add anything more than the state's do?  I had a bunch of MSE back in the day but haven't used them much with ORBX.  I have a few for the states surrounding where I live in MT.  I disable them in the winter as soon as the snow comes.  NV looks great and I am thinking CA and AZ as well.

1 minute ago, kenthom said:

Do the UltraCity packs add anything more than the state's do?  I had a bunch of MSE back in the day but haven't used them much with ORBX.  I have a few for the states surrounding where I live in MT.  I disable them in the winter as soon as the snow comes.  NV looks great and I am thinking CA and AZ as well.

It's slightly higher resolution imagery I think, though you'll probably be fine with just the CA pack. it was cheap, so i decided to get them...

Also, I did get RWS's autogen pack, but am ahving trouble getting it to display. Between OrbX, MSE CA and MSE UltraRes LA, I gotta find the right place to put it...

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

6 hours ago, pgde said:

If anybody actually buys the RealWorld Scenery, please let me know how it performs for you. I bought it on sale and found it had quite a performance hit. No ORBX, just Megascenery was loaded.

After some issue sin getting it to work, I didn't feel like the autogen had a particularly big hit on my FPS, as long as I keep the draw distance to Normal. Higher than that and I lose a few frames. It looks impressive though...

However, there is a fairly disturbing mixing of autogen buildings and trees, which looks erroneous. I'll probably email RWS to ask how to get rid of the trees, because in many instances they appear to be randomly placed. Perhaps they can be removed procedural with Scen Proc. I would also like to merge the autogen with the Ultra Res Cities I have of MSE... Currently it seems not possible to merge them as the Cities would overlap the CA MSE and block the autogen. If RWS cna identify which autogen files belong to what 'piece' of California, it may be possible to seperate them out into the appropriate folder

Benjamin van Soldt

1 hour ago, Benjamin J said:

It's slightly higher resolution imagery I think, though you'll probably be fine with just the CA pack. it was cheap, so i decided to get them...

Also, I did get RWS's autogen pack, but am ahving trouble getting it to display. Between OrbX, MSE CA and MSE UltraRes LA, I gotta find the right place to put it...

Let me know how it performs..

6 minutes ago, kenthom said:

Let me know how it performs..

See the post right above yours 😉 Note that I had to turn off the Ultra Res cities to get it to work.The difference in resolution between the LA City and CA state is however very noticeable! Ultra City definitely stays crisp at lower altitudes than CA State.

Benjamin van Soldt

12 hours ago, Benjamin J said:

After some issue sin getting it to work, I didn't feel like the autogen had a particularly big hit on my FPS, as long as I keep the draw distance to Normal. Higher than that and I lose a few frames. It looks impressive though...

However, there is a fairly disturbing mixing of autogen buildings and trees, which looks erroneous. I'll probably email RWS to ask how to get rid of the trees, because in many instances they appear to be randomly placed. Perhaps they can be removed procedural with Scen Proc. I would also like to merge the autogen with the Ultra Res Cities I have of MSE... Currently it seems not possible to merge them as the Cities would overlap the CA MSE and block the autogen. If RWS cna identify which autogen files belong to what 'piece' of California, it may be possible to seperate them out into the appropriate folder

Check out Nuvecta landscapes.  I found it superior to RWS.

• Like 1

Matt Wilson

Rob has posted a nice video showing KLAS with MSE

• Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Is there any sort of border blending with MSE or is it just a hard straight edge?

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

16 minutes ago, Sethos1988 said:

Is there any sort of border blending with MSE or is it just a hard straight edge?

Between were?

It blends well as you can  see in the vid but yes it's a hard edge when crossing. But if its a green area to a OC green area its not to bad.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

6 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Between were?

It blends well as you can  see in the vid but yes it's a hard edge when crossing. But if its a green area to a OC green area its not to bad.

Between everything that's not MSE, default, OrbX etc. maybe it had some fancy transparency blending on the borders, who knows 🙂 It looks nice but my OCD would kill me if I had to fly over a blend like that when leaving the area.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB