Sign in to follow this  
Sethos

FlyTampa's Las Vegas (KLAS) now available!

1 hour ago, Sethos1988 said:

Between everything that's not MSE, default, OrbX etc. maybe it had some fancy transparency blending on the borders, who knows 🙂 It looks nice but my OCD would kill me if I had to fly over a blend like that when leaving the area.

It would kill you then 🙂

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Love the new Las Vegas scenery.   I see no noticeable hit on FPS.  Everything is smooth.  Took a helicopter (R66) over the strip and it was magnificent.  

Stan

Edited by spilok
  • Upvote 1

It is a fantastic scenery.  Probably my favorite.  However, I was unable to see the water pools on a very rainy day at KLAS today.  Yes, I have it checked in the configurator.  Anyone else notice this?

3 hours ago, spilok said:

Love the new Las Vegas scenery.   I see no noticeable hit on FPS.  Everything is smooth.  Took a helicopter (R66) over the strip and it was magnificent.  

Stan

Agreed. I also love the way the ramp vehicles 'lean' when making turns on the tarmac 😀

20 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Rob has posted a nice video showing KLAS with MSE

Smoothes video I have ever seen! And his FPS are locked to 30??? 

• Like 1

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

2 hours ago, Le Français said:

And his FPS are locked to 30???

You don't need a ton of FPS. As long as you can maintain a decent amount you're good. What you want is a stutter free experience. 70 FPS won't give you much when you're getting stutters all over the place.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

On 4/29/2019 at 6:36 AM, mpw8679 said:

Check out Nuvecta landscapes.  I found it superior to RWS.

What a brilliant tip, thank you! I got their CA product, and it definitely seems a whole lot more accurate than RWS's package. So I ended up getting their AZ and NV as well. And now... now MSE is really coming to life. In combination with products such as FB's KSFO, FT's KLAS, FSDT's KLAX... Man, I feel so spoiled. Is it perfect? Nope, certainly not. But it's getting closer!

I will say that these autogen products are very clearly limited bu the availability of data. This has led, in both RWS and Nuvecta's autogen product, to a great swatch of autogen-free space just north of SF's Golden gate park. I'm considering filling it up myself, which is a rather annoying bit of work, but it's better than having all these ridiculous amounts of autogen, and then a big chunk that's empty. It looks rather ridiculous.

Also,m I only now found out how harsh the Oakland harbor is on performance, at least for me. FB's KSFO runs very well, as does most of the bay area. But as soona s I look at Oakland's harbor, the framerate gets hit. I now understand why OrbX specifically gives an option to disable the cranes and such in the harbor. I'll try it and see if it makes things better.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

3 hours ago, Benjamin J said:

What a brilliant tip, thank you! I got their CA product, and it definitely seems a whole lot more accurate than RWS's package. So I ended up getting their AZ and NV as well. And now... now MSE is really coming to life. In combination with products such as FB's KSFO, FT's KLAS, FSDT's KLAX... Man, I feel so spoiled. Is it perfect? Nope, certainly not. But it's getting closer!

I will say that these autogen products are very clearly limited bu the availability of data. This has led, in both RWS and Nuvecta's autogen product, to a great swatch of autogen-free space just north of SF's Golden gate park. I'm considering filling it up myself, which is a rather annoying bit of work, but it's better than having all these ridiculous amounts of autogen, and then a big chunk that's empty. It looks rather ridiculous.

Also,m I only now found out how harsh the Oakland harbor is on performance, at least for me. FB's KSFO runs very well, as does most of the bay area. But as soona s I look at Oakland's harbor, the framerate gets hit. I now understand why OrbX specifically gives an option to disable the cranes and such in the harbor. I'll try it and see if it makes things better.

Benjamin, I find a much better performance tip from Orbx themselves is to place all the scenery objects for airfields that you don't want to use into a separate folder (or name them .OFF). I moved 194 files.

E.g. FTX_NCA_objects_00CL_PLC.bgl  in the location ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_NCA05_SCENERY\scenery\

That way you can restore the more interesting objects, such as cranes, to your sim experience.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

4 hours ago, Benjamin J said:

What a brilliant tip, thank you! I got their CA product, and it definitely seems a whole lot more accurate than RWS's package. So I ended up getting their AZ and NV as well. 

Benjamin, where did you find the Nuvecta products? Simmarket doesn't seem to have them...

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

22 minutes ago, flyblueskies said:

Benjamin, where did you find the Nuvecta products? Simmarket doesn't seem to have them...

https://secure.simmarket.com/nuvecta-landscapes-usa-california-fsx-p3d.phtml

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Just now, flyblueskies said:

Thank you!

How are you finding them on simmarket? I've done a search and I cannot find them...what are you entering for your search?

I just used Google. Simmarket search is hit and miss.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

2 minutes ago, ZKOKQ said:

I just used Google. Simmarket search is hit and miss.

Thanks!

• Upvote 1

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

I found all of their products on the FSPilotshop, so that’s where I bought them:

https://www.fspilotshop.com/nuvecta-m-467.html?osCsid=04utmkdlkshrkdrpggmld211r0

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

3 hours ago, F737NG said:

Benjamin, I find a much better performance tip from Orbx themselves is to place all the scenery objects for airfields that you don't want to use into a separate folder (or name them .OFF). I moved 194 files.

E.g. FTX_NCA_objects_00CL_PLC.bgl  in the location ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_NCA05_SCENERY\scenery\

That way you can restore the more interesting objects, such as cranes, to your sim experience.

Thanks for the tip! I take it Your example is for an airfield of code 00CL, right? Would a similar strategy also improve the performance in LA?

Benjamin van Soldt