Sign in to follow this  
Sethos

FlyTampa's Las Vegas (KLAS) now available!

Hey Guys, i've been following this thread and today I decided to take the plunge and get this KLAS scenery.

The airport scenery is excellent, I really like it, but i'm experiencing a very strange graphics anomaly. Many of the roadways in the vicinity of the airport appear to be grass covered, and some even look like they are covered with water.

FWIW, i'm not seeing this with any of my other add on airport scenery's, and I have a bunch of them, including several FlyTampa scenery's. I know for sure this is confined to the FlyTampa KLAS scenery because when I uninstalled it the problem disappeared. I'm running P3D v4.5 with ORBX FTX Global, NA Land Class, and Vector.

I'm at a complete loss to figure out what would cause this, or how to possibly correct it, so I would greatly appreciate any ideas or suggestions.....

jSUj74Q.jpg

6tw6hlN.jpg

TZjTQzk.jpg

Scott, did you run vector and exclude KLAS?

• Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

10 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Scott, did you run vector and exclude KLAS?

Yes, I did.

9 minutes ago, SunDevil56 said:

Yes, I did.

Damm, there goes the easy fix. Do you have KLAS above All Orbx LC etc? I feel you have but just trying to help. Your screenshot are odd as some seem right and other spots are not.

Did you set the right season/month in Flytampers config? Today I set mine to May.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

23 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Damm, there goes the easy fix. Do you have KLAS above All Orbx LC etc? I feel you have but just trying to help. Your screenshot are odd as some seem right and other spots are not.

Did you set the right season/month in Flytampers config?

Yes, I have KLAS above all ORBX. 

I have the FT configurator set to May, although it was initially set to August, changing it made no difference.

The really odd thing is, as you noted, some areas seem right, and other spots are not, and it seems that it is mostly confined to an area immediately surrounding the airport environs... Weird... I'm all for a green planet, but this is ridiculous....🤣

I appreciate the suggestions David, there are no bad suggestions, only the ones you don't try...😎

Edited by SunDevil56

Not sure what to suggest now..will have a think, might be an idea to ask on Flytamper forums its a bit of an odd one Scott.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Not sure what to suggest now..will have a think, might be an idea to ask on Flytamper forums its a bit of an odd one Scott.

Agreed.

This clearly doesn't seem to be a widespread issue or it would have been reported by now.

Thanks again.

I have 3 suggestions.

1. Verify that the Flytampa libraries are installed correctly. (Use Lorby or verify in the scenery library / Add-Ons menus)
  2. Try running the FTX Central migration tool (Looks similar to when my terrain.cfg got messed up - I had a few random, incorrect textures).
  3. Double, triple, etc. check to verify that you didn't miss any of the 4 Orbx files that you need to rename add the ".off" extension 2 - To be clear, you need to rename 4 Orbx files, and ALSO disable KLAS in the Orbx Vector elevation config.  

In P3D\Orbx\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_SCA05_SCENERY\scenery\ rename:

ADE_FTX_SCA_KLAS.bgl

ADE_FTX_SCA_KLAS_CVX.bgl

FTX_SCA_objects_KLAS_PLC.bgl

In P3D\scenery\world\scenery rename:

ADE_FTX_SCA_KLAS_elevation_adjustment.BGL

Edited by MDFlier
added files

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

2 hours ago, MDFlier said:

I have 3 suggestions.

1. Verify that the Flytampa libraries are installed correctly. (Use Lorby or verify in the scenery library / Add-Ons menus)
  2. Try running the FTX Central migration tool (Looks similar to when my terrain.cfg got messed up - I had a few random, incorrect textures).
  3. Double, triple, etc. check to verify that you didn't miss any of the 4 Orbx files that you need to rename add the ".off" extension 2 - To be clear, you need to rename 4 Orbx files, and ALSO disable KLAS in the Orbx Vector elevation config.  

ADE_FTX_SCA_KLAS.bgl

ADE_FTX_SCA_KLAS_CVX.bgl

I'm currently running FTX Global, OpenLC NA, and Flytampa KLAS without issues. However, with ORBX offering 50% off their items for the month of May, I was looking at picking up Southern California Region. Are these files associated with SoCal or just vector (I don't run Vector)?

Those files listed above are all part of FTX SCA.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

6 hours ago, MDFlier said:

I have 3 suggestions.

ADE_FTX_SCA_KLAS.bgl

ADE_FTX_SCA_KLAS_CVX.bgl

Thanks for the suggestions..

1) The FT libraries and KLAS are installed above all ORBX entries. 

2) I ran the migration tool, it made no difference, the green areas still persist.

3) I don't have ORBX SCA installed, so those files do not exist on my system. I have KLAS disabled in Vector AEC.

I have 4 other FlyTampa scenery's installed... Copenhagen, Tampa, Dubai, and Vienna, and none of these exhibit any such problems.

These green patches and roadways seem to be confined to a (relatively) small area just to the south of the airport. Note that whole parking lots in the pic below appear to be grass covered. I've flown a 360 degree course around the airport area, and i'm not seeing this anomaly anywhere else. I'll try getting some answers at the FlyTampa support forums today.

gEyJiCF.jpg

I've done all of these things and still have problems. I'm about to give up. I've just run out of patience. I'll go back and look at it again in a few weeks. I've never had so many problems with a scenery package.

So i am starting to download MCEv3 Nevada (8,80m/s) so it takes about 2 hours. I have a none SSD harddrive in which i am downloading it to as i have a problem with space on my main windows C drive. I have 110GB left here and it might be that i sometimes under heavy load is getting an OOM . MAybe there is not room enough pagefile for P3Dv4 ?

Anyway my new concern is the heavy size Photoreal scenerys and was wonderingif its okay to have them on a seperate drive (not SSD) ?

Benefits or slow loading textures ?

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png