Sign in to follow this  
Sethos

FlyTampa's Las Vegas (KLAS) now available!

I have all my scenery except ORBX on my 1TB E: drive.  No problems at all.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

Those files listed above are all part of FTX SCA.

Thank you

3 hours ago, Michael Moe said:

Anyway my new concern is the heavy size Photoreal scenerys and was wonderingif its okay to have them on a seperate drive (not SSD) ?

I run almost all my photoscenery on a large traditional disk (with P3D on an SSD) and it works fine.

Scott

WOW NEVADA MCEv3 😂 Why have i not bin seeing this before know. And why is my performance much worse now around KLAS ?

Should i disable something ? Even FTX SCA is better at KLAS with Flytampa. 

Otherwise its amazing in IFR

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

On 4/29/2019 at 4:36 AM, mpw8679 said:

Check out Nuvecta landscapes.  I found it superior to RWS.

Would like to say a quick thanks for this suggestion.  I don't recall ever seeing these before, but at $6/state thought it was worth at least trying one.  Picked up Colorado and so far I'm pretty pleased.  Will probably get them for all of my MSE states.

Scott

On 5/2/2019 at 3:52 AM, SunDevil56 said:

These green patches and roadways seem to be confined to a (relatively) small area just to the south of the airport. Note that whole parking lots in the pic below appear to be grass covered. I've flown a 360 degree course around the airport area, and i'm not seeing this anomaly anywhere else. I'll try getting some answers at the FlyTampa support forums today.

Hey Scott,

I am seeing exactly the same thing that you are in the same location - I didn't even realize I had the problem until I saw your post.

For what ever reason, I am unable to register over at the FT forums, so I was unable to report this in the thread that you started.

Only difference I see between my setup and yours is that I use UTX2 NA instead of Vector.

Please report back if you figure it out. I will do the same.

Thanks,

Dave

Edited by Barnes
  • Upvote 1

David Webster

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti @ 3440X1440 | Crucial 2TB M.2 | Win11

47 minutes ago, Barnes said:

Hey Scott,

I am seeing exactly the same thing that you are in the same location - I didn't even realize I had the problem until I saw your post.

For what ever reason, I am unable to register over at the FT forums, so I was unable to report this in the thread that you started.

Only difference I see between my setup and yours is that I use UTX2 NA instead of Vector.

Please report back if you figure it out. I will do the same.

Thanks,

Dave

No problem Dave, will definitely let you know if I find a solution...

I guess I can take some solace in knowing i'm not the only person experiencing this odd anomaly...

Are you running P3D v4.5...??

2 hours ago, tttocs said:

Would like to say a quick thanks for this suggestion.  I don't recall ever seeing these before, but at $6/state thought it was worth at least trying one.  Picked up Colorado and so far I'm pretty pleased.  Will probably get them for all of my MSE states.

Scott

I was pretty pleased as well.  It is a little lacking in some areas but it does populate the photo scenery quite well.  The Real World Scenery autogen I tried was horrible, but they are currently making photo scenery called ultra VFR that looks interesting.  Sounds like they plan to do the entire USA.

Matt Wilson

1 hour ago, SunDevil56 said:

No problem Dave, will definitely let you know if I find a solution...

I guess I can take some solace in knowing i'm not the only person experiencing this odd anomaly...

Are you running P3D v4.5...??

Yes, I am running 4.5

David Webster

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti @ 3440X1440 | Crucial 2TB M.2 | Win11

1 hour ago, mpw8679 said:

I was pretty pleased as well.  It is a little lacking in some areas but it does populate the photo scenery quite well.  The Real World Scenery autogen I tried was horrible, but they are currently making photo scenery called ultra VFR that looks interesting.  Sounds like they plan to do the entire USA.

I have one of the pieces that covers Buffalo, since I have FT's KBUF. I think it's very well done! If they'd release additional parts covering areas that I have airports for, I would certainly buy more pieces. However, besides KBUF none of the other packages that release din this series has covered anything particularly interesting to me...

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

1 hour ago, Barnes said:

Yes, I am running 4.5

Same here.

BTW, love your Avatar of the Gorn.....🤣

1 hour ago, SunDevil56 said:

Same here.

BTW, love your Avatar of the Gorn.....🤣

Thanks! Nobody could withstand a styrofoam boulder like the Gorn...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

David Webster

1.1 Update is out;

https://www.flytampa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=13253

-AFCAD update
-Mesh update for compatibility with FSGlobal
-Mesh update to remove sunken terrain areas on default areas
-Airport ground textures update
-Minor corrections of misplaced objects
-Added sequenced flashers for MALS-F on 01L and 26L
-Fixed an issue with special effects which would not show up on KLAS arrival
-Improved night textures at the terminal parking areas

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

10 minutes ago, Sethos1988 said:

1.1 Update is out;

https://www.flytampa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=13253

-AFCAD update
-Mesh update for compatibility with FSGlobal
-Mesh update to remove sunken terrain areas on default areas
-Airport ground textures update
-Minor corrections of misplaced objects
-Added sequenced flashers for MALS-F on 01L and 26L
-Fixed an issue with special effects which would not show up on KLAS arrival
-Improved night textures at the terminal parking areas

@SunDevil56 This could help you? GL Scott

-----

Thanks for the HU Sethos

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

5 hours ago, Nyxx said:

@SunDevil56 This could help you? GL Scott

Hey David, thanks to you and Sethos for the heads up on the KLAS update.

I uninstalled v1.0, re-downloaded the universal installer and installed v1.1, but alas, it made no difference, and the greenish patches and roadways south of the airport remain.

In the scheme of things it's not that big of deal to me, the scenery is excellent otherwise, and i'm content to just live with it for the time being, but I appreciate you guys trying to assist all the same....🙂