Sign in to follow this  
Sethos

FlyTampa's Las Vegas (KLAS) now available!

9 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

Thanks. Is it enough to have it higher in scenery layer? 

Maybe performance is just to much so i might use OPENLCNA below MSE if that works. (alternativ just MSE as performance is better or?) 

MSE should be below FTX.

OPENLCNA does not give you any benefit when using MSE. You have either photoreal or landclass. If you use photoreal you won't see anything from landclass.

Sure the performance of MSE alone will be better. But when using FTXSCA on top of MSE you still don't have the autogen (which relies on the landclass of FTXSCA that is replaced by the photoreal of MSE) so performance should be better than with FTXSCA alone.

It starts to get complicated it you use an additional third party autogen addon for MSE. That might conflict with FTXSCA and you have to disable some files. But autogen shouldn't really be necessary for that region (which looks gorgeous with photoreal alone).

Edited by RALF9636
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

MSE should be below FTX.

OPENLCNA does not give you any benefit when using MSE. You have either photoreal or landclass. If you use photoreal you won't see anything from landclass.

Sure the performance of MSE alone will be better. But when using FTXSCA on top of MSE you still don't have the autogen (which relies on the landclass of FTXSCA that is replaced by the photoreal of MSE) so performance should be better than with FTXSCA alone.

It starts to get complicated it you use an additional third party autogen addon for MSE. But that shouldn't really be necessary for that region.

So if Autogen is not working from FTX products i guess there is not much benefits having FTXSCA/FTXNCA enabled below MCE? 

Thanks again 

Michael 

PS. I just got a OOM loading the FSLA320 at gate 19 in KLAS. 

Strange. Maybe to much enabled in scenery. cfg

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

4 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

So if Autogen is not working from FTX products i guess there is not much benefits having FTXSCA/FTXNCA enabled below MCE? 

Thanks again 

Michael 

You get all the custom objects of FTX. Wind turbines, dams, etc. All buildings that are not autogen. It still enhances the MSE scenery a lot.

And MSE should be below FTX.

Edited by RALF9636
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

You get all the custom objects of FTX. Wind turbines, dams, etc. All buildings that are not autogen. It still enhances the MSE scenery a lot.

And MSE should be below FTX.

Thanks. I am looking around for performance and maybe using no autogen at all might help vs OPENLC or FTX full fat regions? Do you see an increase in fps? 

Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

1 minute ago, Michael Moe said:

Thanks. I am looking around for performance and maybe using no autogen at all might help vs OPENLC or FTX full fat regions? Do you see an increase in fps? 

Michael Moe 

Of course Photoreal without autogen has a much better performance than landclass with autogen.

Edited by RALF9636

1 hour ago, RALF9636 said:

This has always been one of my favorite flights. Using MSE and FSDT KLAS it suffered from a lack of buildings in Las Vegas which was really flat apart from the Strip.

Is that improved with Flytampa's KLAS? How far does the coverage of 3D buildings around the airport go when you use MSE under FlyTampa's KLAS?

Using the latest MSE v3 NV and AZ with the FlyTampa KLAS gives the most realistic approach into an airport I've ever had in P3D.  It's that good.  Yes, there's much more detail than there was with FSDT's version.  Sorry, I can't answer how far out things extend, I can only give a qualitative answer which is that the experience is exceptional.

Scott

• Like 2

So many questions :) 

First you get around 75-80% of the Vegas city area with Auto gen with MSE v3.

I have all the city options turned off I don't need them when using an airliner.

FPS never drop below my locked 26 but more importantly its very smooth.

I use Orbx OLC NA. MSE SCALv3 and Nevada v3, Orbx SCAL is murder on FPS.

Just did first flight out to Orbx KSAN, lost some autogen on approach (KSAN) but still plenty with all the custom Autogen. What a flight that is KLAS-KSAN.

Heres some of the flight...favorite aircraft by a mile....favorite livery....loving what I think I will call my golden triangle KSFO-KSAN-KSFO.

If you look carefully you can see me waving at you from the Captains seat 😄

3.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 5

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

This thread has basically answered all my questions with regards to MSE vs OrbX compatibility. All I wanted was to shows OrbX's POI on top of MSE, especially for the LA area, and it appears that this is entirely possible. Happy man! I'm off to buy me some MSE... Definitely SoCal and NV, perhaps also NorCal, and maybe AZ...? Not too sure yet. I used to have SoCal in FSX and loved every bit of it. I flew KSNA - KLAS - KSNA to death at the time!

I will be looking at adding autogen to MSE using OSM data and Arno's ScenProc tool... Never tried anything like that before, but figured that OSM's data is very complete for LA, so might as well give it a go. Of course this will really hurt performance, but I figured I might as well try.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

4 minutes ago, Benjamin J said:

This thread has basically answered all my questions with regards to MSE vs OrbX compatibility. All I wanted was to shows OrbX's POI on top of MSE, especially for the LA area, and it appears that this is entirely possible. Happy man! I'm off to buy me some MSE... Definitely SoCal and NV, perhaps also NorCal, and maybe AZ...? Not too sure yet. I used to have SoCal in FSX and loved every bit of it. I flew KSNA - KLAS - KSNA to death at the time!

I will be looking at adding autogen to MSE using OSM data and Arno's ScenProc tool... Never tried anything like that before, but figured that OSM's data is very complete for LA, so might as well give it a go. Of course this will really hurt performance, but I figured I might as well try.

Enjoy Benjamin. Please let us know how you get on with OSM, thank you.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

8 minutes ago, Benjamin J said:

Be aware that I only tried that with MSE Germany and FTX GEN / GES, because I've been only flying in Europe lately. But I see no reason why it should be different with the other FTX regions.

After adding a third party autogen to MSE Germany I had to disable some files from the ...CUSTOM folder of FTX because they somehow blocked the autogen. So maybe something similar might happen in SCA.

This thread really makes me want to return to the Southwest USA again soon!

Edited by RALF9636

24 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

....loving what I think I will call my golden triangle KSFO-KSAN-KSFO.

Sure you mean KSFO-KSAN-KLAS here. These have always been my favorites ever since the early days of simming; and after spending a long time flying in Europe only I guess it's time to return there now. 🙂

Edited by RALF9636
  • Like 1

FT has uploaded the FSGobal Ultimate NG fix in the HotFix topic. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

36 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Enjoy Benjamin. Please let us know how you get on with OSM, thank you.

Will do. I got SoCal and NV. I figured if my experiment works with these two, I can always expand to other states, as well as get the ultra-res LA, SD and SF packages. Though maybe I ought to get yet another hard drive first...

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case