Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Sethos

FlyTampa's Las Vegas (KLAS) now available!

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Benjamin J said:

Well, as it turns out, somebody already produced autogen for the LA area:

https://secure.simmarket.com/realworld-scenery-california-3d-environment-2017-fsx-p3d.phtml

I might buy it and see what it yields in the sim. if it proves to be good, I might buy more of it. I did buy some of the "Real VFR" series, and very much like it. Might be a worthwhile purchase for those now opting for MSE.

It's also available from PC Aviator, just in case you want to purchase MegaScenery and this all at the same place:

https://www.pcaviator.com/store/product.php?productid=21521

 


PC: 4670K, RAM 24GB, Geforce GTX 1070 (8GB), Windows 10 Home, 64-BIT, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5 

Share this post


Link to post

If anybody actually buys the RealWorld Scenery, please let me know how it performs for you. I bought it on sale and found it had quite a performance hit. No ORBX, just Megascenery was loaded.


Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK, Blk Ed MB; Intel I7-4790K CPU (@4.5 Ghz); 16 Gb G.Skill RAM (F3-2400); Win7 Pro; 2 Samsung 1Tb SSDs;Toshiba 3Tb hard drive; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; P3D v4.5 HF2

 

Share this post


Link to post

Manage to get about 25fps most of the time in the FSLabs A320 using OPENLCNA. Wow what an airport and City. Absolute astoning in every way. PBR and dynamic lights in 4K really looks amazing. 

The Paris wheel seems to have some PBR and amazing shadows when it spinning. 

Demanding for sure but I love it. 

So tuff that my FSL actually had a Captain PFD freeze at FL184. not sure why though. Loaded up a saved flight at TOD and all back to normal. 

Michael Moe 

 

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

 

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Share this post


Link to post

"I suspect PCA is selling many copies of MSE today."

Does PCA use the same installer as the MS site?

 


Ken Thompson

i7-4790 @4 GHz  64 Bit Win 7  16G RAM  GTX 1080Ti

Share this post


Link to post
30 minutes ago, kenthom said:

"I suspect PCA is selling many copies of MSE today."

Does PCA use the same installer as the MS site?

 

Indeed they do. It's exactly the same stuff, just lower price... for now 😉

Having seen it, and having seen that MSE and OrbX POI co-exist fine, I ended up buying NorCal and AZ in addition to all the Ultrares City packs... 50% off, plus another 10% on checkout. And for these desert areas, I felt it was more than worth it! I was tempted to get Utah and Colorado as well, but then I remembered that these can be pretty snowy in winter, and so I held off of buying those. I would have bought NM as well, were it not that there is no quality KABQ yet...


Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.8GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Benjamin J said:

Indeed they do. It's exactly the same stuff, just lower price... for now 😉

Having seen it, and having seen that MSE and OrbX POI co-exist fine, I ended up buying NorCal and AZ in addition to all the Ultrares City packs... 50% off, plus another 10% on checkout. And for these desert areas, I felt it was more than worth it! I was tempted to get Utah and Colorado as well, but then I remembered that these can be pretty snowy in winter, and so I held off of buying those. I would have bought NM as well, were it not that there is no quality KABQ yet...

Do the UltraCity packs add anything more than the state's do?  I had a bunch of MSE back in the day but haven't used them much with ORBX.  I have a few for the states surrounding where I live in MT.  I disable them in the winter as soon as the snow comes.  NV looks great and I am thinking CA and AZ as well.


Ken Thompson

i7-4790 @4 GHz  64 Bit Win 7  16G RAM  GTX 1080Ti

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, kenthom said:

Do the UltraCity packs add anything more than the state's do?  I had a bunch of MSE back in the day but haven't used them much with ORBX.  I have a few for the states surrounding where I live in MT.  I disable them in the winter as soon as the snow comes.  NV looks great and I am thinking CA and AZ as well.

It's slightly higher resolution imagery I think, though you'll probably be fine with just the CA pack. it was cheap, so i decided to get them...

Also, I did get RWS's autogen pack, but am ahving trouble getting it to display. Between OrbX, MSE CA and MSE UltraRes LA, I gotta find the right place to put it...


Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.8GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, pgde said:

If anybody actually buys the RealWorld Scenery, please let me know how it performs for you. I bought it on sale and found it had quite a performance hit. No ORBX, just Megascenery was loaded.

After some issue sin getting it to work, I didn't feel like the autogen had a particularly big hit on my FPS, as long as I keep the draw distance to Normal. Higher than that and I lose a few frames. It looks impressive though...

However, there is a fairly disturbing mixing of autogen buildings and trees, which looks erroneous. I'll probably email RWS to ask how to get rid of the trees, because in many instances they appear to be randomly placed. Perhaps they can be removed procedural with Scen Proc. I would also like to merge the autogen with the Ultra Res Cities I have of MSE... Currently it seems not possible to merge them as the Cities would overlap the CA MSE and block the autogen. If RWS cna identify which autogen files belong to what 'piece' of California, it may be possible to seperate them out into the appropriate folder


Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.8GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Benjamin J said:

It's slightly higher resolution imagery I think, though you'll probably be fine with just the CA pack. it was cheap, so i decided to get them...

Also, I did get RWS's autogen pack, but am ahving trouble getting it to display. Between OrbX, MSE CA and MSE UltraRes LA, I gotta find the right place to put it...

Let me know how it performs..


Ken Thompson

i7-4790 @4 GHz  64 Bit Win 7  16G RAM  GTX 1080Ti

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, kenthom said:

Let me know how it performs..

See the post right above yours 😉 Note that I had to turn off the Ultra Res cities to get it to work.The difference in resolution between the LA City and CA state is however very noticeable! Ultra City definitely stays crisp at lower altitudes than CA State.


Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.8GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Benjamin J said:

After some issue sin getting it to work, I didn't feel like the autogen had a particularly big hit on my FPS, as long as I keep the draw distance to Normal. Higher than that and I lose a few frames. It looks impressive though...

However, there is a fairly disturbing mixing of autogen buildings and trees, which looks erroneous. I'll probably email RWS to ask how to get rid of the trees, because in many instances they appear to be randomly placed. Perhaps they can be removed procedural with Scen Proc. I would also like to merge the autogen with the Ultra Res Cities I have of MSE... Currently it seems not possible to merge them as the Cities would overlap the CA MSE and block the autogen. If RWS cna identify which autogen files belong to what 'piece' of California, it may be possible to seperate them out into the appropriate folder

Check out Nuvecta landscapes.  I found it superior to RWS.

  • Like 1

Matt Wilson

Share this post


Link to post

Rob has posted a nice video showing KLAS with MSE

 

  • Upvote 1

David Murden.  P3D v4.5  FSL A321 / A320 A319 : PMDG NGu / 748PMDG NG / 747-/ 777 : QW 787 :  Maddog MD-80 :Q400 :   DCS: AV-8B Harrier: :  F-14B Tomcat  : F-16C Viper F/A-18C Hornet 

My FSL Walkthrough PDF From GPU to Parked.   My PMDG NG SpotLight Profile/Mod.  My PMDG NGXu Light Mod

PC 4790k@4.6 : 1070 : 16GB DDR3 RAM : Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS: Thrustmaster TPR.

Share this post


Link to post

Is there any sort of border blending with MSE or is it just a hard straight edge?


8700K Delid @ 5GHz (1:1 Uncore / 0 AVX) | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 @ 3600MHz | MSI 1080 Ti Sea Hawk X | Windows 10 Pro (1909) | Monitors: LG 27UK650 / Acer XB270HU

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, Sethos1988 said:

Is there any sort of border blending with MSE or is it just a hard straight edge?

Between were?

It blends well as you can  see in the vid but yes it's a hard edge when crossing. But if its a green area to a OC green area its not to bad.


David Murden.  P3D v4.5  FSL A321 / A320 A319 : PMDG NGu / 748PMDG NG / 747-/ 777 : QW 787 :  Maddog MD-80 :Q400 :   DCS: AV-8B Harrier: :  F-14B Tomcat  : F-16C Viper F/A-18C Hornet 

My FSL Walkthrough PDF From GPU to Parked.   My PMDG NG SpotLight Profile/Mod.  My PMDG NGXu Light Mod

PC 4790k@4.6 : 1070 : 16GB DDR3 RAM : Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS: Thrustmaster TPR.

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Between were?

It blends well as you can  see in the vid but yes it's a hard edge when crossing. But if its a green area to a OC green area its not to bad.

Between everything that's not MSE, default, OrbX etc. maybe it had some fancy transparency blending on the borders, who knows 🙂 It looks nice but my OCD would kill me if I had to fly over a blend like that when leaving the area.


8700K Delid @ 5GHz (1:1 Uncore / 0 AVX) | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 @ 3600MHz | MSI 1080 Ti Sea Hawk X | Windows 10 Pro (1909) | Monitors: LG 27UK650 / Acer XB270HU

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    2%
    $540.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...