Sign in to follow this  
Geofa

Spaceship One!!! Will it be in FSX?

Guest jwflowers

Just curious, because that would be awesome!!!!!!!

Maximum altitude is a million feet. You ain't going to get to the moon :-lol

Guest unitedpilot36

>Maximum altitude is a million feet. You ain't going to get to>the moon :-lol Actually maximum altitude is a 100 million feet. I think that would be cool if they included a spaceship though, even if they don't somebody else will soon after the release.

Will it play "The Blue Danube" while I'm docking, too? :)Rhett

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest skruer

But would FSX know, that after 60 (100km) miles out in the atmosphere, there would be zero gravity? Would it be possible to sustain an orbit in LEO? In you could, one could have the International Space Station hanging around (340km out).

>Will it play "The Blue Danube" while I'm docking, too? :)>>>Rhettlets leave that to David Braben and his team at [a href=http://www.frontier.co.uk/" target="_blank]Frontier[/a], Elite IV is due soon... :(

Bernard

Guest davidvoogd

Going into low orbit in Spaceship one in FSX would be quite a bit of fun the first few times. If it doesn't come with FSX I'm sure someone will make an addon.

Guest Andre_Hedegaard

I predict there will be *some* kind of space shuttle, space experience out-the-box with FSX.The reason: To show off the "past the 100k feet barrier" and to lure new users with;"Even experience space re-entry flights"Although I also think this is one of their 'secrets' only being released with the launch of FSX.Yet another reason to look forward to FSX.........

Guest pixelpoke_from_MSFT

>I predict there will be *some* kind of space shuttle, space>experience out-the-box with FSX.>>The reason: To show off the "past the 100k feet barrier" and>to lure new users with;>"Even experience space re-entry flights">>Although I also think this is one of their 'secrets' only>being released with the launch of FSX.>>Yet another reason to look forward to FSX.........Nope. No Shuttle this release.

Guest Andre_Hedegaard

> "Nope. No Shuttle this release."Lets lexigram that.........."Open this shuttle on release."So....you're wrong :(

Maybe no shuttle. But think about what we will see--addon X-15 that we can take up to 130,000 feet...Rhett

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

I'd say they would have figured out the gravity side of it before they opened the ceiling up to 100 million ft. That's 30000 km, which is a big step out there. The potential hasn't even been realized yet, but they've obviously been thinking about it.Mike.

Mike Beckwith

Guest tdragger

Well, actually if you read the 1Up.com review it (correctly) states the *camera* can now get to 100M feet. Our atmospheric model is fundamentally the same and we haven't really tested flight dynamics up that high, so your mileage may vary. ;)

Ok, thanks for the clarification.It's shocking the way we jump to conclusions, I for one should know better. But, you've got to admit it's an interesting development, and it nevertheless points to future potential.Mike.

Mike Beckwith