Sign in to follow this  
46Pilot

ATR 42 Bug List

Hi to everyone,

Some of you know as we talked on other topics about the ATR by Carenado that I have started a bug list and I have reported since then many anomalies of this product. The respective topics are:

AND 

If an admin would consider it more appropriate, I would like also to move all three topics in a single one, to have it more clear for everyone what we have discussed during the time.

In the following, I will present an updated list with all the bugs that I've discovered on the ATR 42 and everyone is invited to comment about this post and to add if they found anything else.

Today a version 1.1 of the ATR has been released and even if I've written in the past what bugs I've found and sent the list to the Carenado team, for some reason, they didn't replied to my email and some of the bugs are still present. I tried to contact them via other channels, as you may know this already and they said that they have received my emails, but they hesitate to tell me if the manager of the team accepts to join the team and to offer them my help, knowledge and materials, for free, to build a patch for this aircraft, to simulate it as real possible, to solve all the bugs and to make it for real the most ambitious and biggest project.

The first thing I would like to say about the ATR is:

Congratulations for the external model, the PBR looks stunning!

The propeller brake is correctly simulated, as well as Power Management (PWR MGT) settings, power ratio, fuel flow and flight performance. There are many other things looking good or correctly simulated, but lets concentrate about what's wrong. So, below is the list of what I've found so far:

PART A

- The status of  the systems, button and switches is not correct in "Cold & Dark" mode. (see Cold & Dark status below, part b.)

- When the battery is switched to ON position, MFC test is not performing. In fact, when selecting the "Cold & Dark" option, the MFCs are selected OFF, which is incorrect. When the MFCs are performing the self-test, MFC 1A & 2A should flash 3 times, then 1B & 2B. After that, DC power will be available to the aircraft.

- External power not modelled correct, or not fully available. It appears as AVAIL both on DC and ACW a short time after switching battery on, but after a short while, DC EXT PWR goes off - it is the main EXT PWR in real life, not the AC one. When the DC EXT PWR AVAIL light goes off, the ACW remains on, but has no effect on electrical system. If possible, would be nice to add a power cart like the one from the S550 Citation..

- ENG OIL alarm at startup, for both engine. It shouldn't come on as modelled in the sim.

- "ON"/"FAULT"/"OFF" lights for the pushbuttons do not lit according to the status. They don't work at all if loading the sim with the ATR from the start, you have to load the sim with another aircraft and after that load the ATR.

- Big issues with the hydraulics. With the Condition Levers on FTR position, "OVHT", "LO LVL" and "LO PR" are all lit, which is incorrect.

- NP values are too high for the FTR and AUTO positions of the Condition Levers. In FTR detent, the NP should be around 15%, and in AUTO detent, the NP should be stabilized at 71%.

- LO PITCH is illuminated when the engines are off. LO PITCH lights illuminate after 15 seconds from unfeathering to low pitch (moving condition levers from FTR to AUTO).

- When engaging IAS mode, the minimum speed on the ADU is "0 (kts)", which in fact should be "80 (kts)".

- Electrical "OVRD" (override) and "UNDV" (undervoltage) lights are always on.

- Recirculation fans are FAULT if no engine started and ON with engines started. The recirculation fans can operate independent of the engines, they just recirculate the air inside the cabin.

- In HOTEL MODE operations: Recirc Fan 1 fault, Pack Valve 1 Fault, OVHT & Leak on Bleed 1. In hotel mode, only Bleed 1 should be fault, because the engine is not providing air. Pack valve is operative via ground crossfeed valve (GND XFEED VLV) from bleed no.2. OVHT & Leak should be off (extinguished).

- Nav waypoints are always ON on the EHSI display and all of the nav waypoints near the aircraft are displayed. This is incorrect, because in real life, only the waypoints from the GNSS flightplan are displayed and maximum 5 waypoints at a time.

- ATPCS test is not modelled.

- "INST" (instruments) rotary buttons controls all the lights inside the aircraft, including the cabin lightning - it should control only instruments lightning.

- "LT FLOOD" is not modelled. In fact, INST button is controlling the flood light also (yellowish light beneath the AFCS panel).

- Storm light is not modelled - it is a powerful neon light beneath the AFCS panel.

- NAV BRG selectors: on NAV 2 selector (ADF/VOR/NAV), if you click on the side of the selector, it changes NAV 2 selection. If you click on the upper side of the selector (white line), it changes NAV 1 selection. This bug is only valid for the NAV 2. NAV1 BRG selector works correct.

- No RDR/TERR mode available.

- RCL/CLR/TO INHI modes are not modelled, as well as GPWS test.

- If you press a button, it remains on. For example, if you press once HYD AUX PUMP button, to engage the prop brake, the READY light will be always on, until if you press again the pump button. In real life, it is on for only 30 seconds.

- No ALT Alert during climb or descend, when 1000 ft apart from selected altitude.

- If you press HDG bug, it syncronizes the HDG. For CRS, it shows a direct to value. This is not correct for the real aircraft.

- You cannot intercept a VOR radial or the ILS if you are in the FMS mode and showing the map, you have to be in NAV mode and full rose mode or arc. In the sim, you can intercept the ILS while in FMS or FMS map displayed.

- With CL in FTR, ACW GEN FAULT, BLUE and GREEN hydraulic main pumps LO PR. This is correct. AUX PUMP LO PR, OVHT, LO LVL lights should be off.

- SVCE UNLK does not come on when the service door is open.

- Some sounds should be changed, because there are no vocal aural alerts, as for example "Altitude Select" or "No takeoff".

- If a pushbutton is in OFF position, no "FAULT" light should be illuminated.

- When engaging the autopilot, if Yaw Damper has not been previously engaged, it engages automatically when pressing the AP button on the AFCS.

- Fuel crossfeed not working properly - still taking fuel from both tanks.

- The last two indicators of the engine parameters (Fuel Flow / Fuel Used) are two separate gauges. The analog one, the needle, shows the Fuel Flow, which is the current fuel flow per hour, and the digital one shows the fuel used, how much fuel we have burnt so far. In the sim, the both of them are showing the fuel flow, but no fuel used.

- When APP mode armed, the glideslope can be captured before the localizer.

- The sounds of the AFCS (autopilot) are not accurate, because the knobs don't have steps, so they do not "click" when turning left or right (heading, course, altitude selector, pitch wheel)

- As a suggestion, if possible, main entry door, cargo door and service door to be opened separately via windows manager.

In the version 1.1 I've discovered the following bugs:

- When pressing on the "OVHT" annunciator light, the PACK Valves comes ON or OFF, depending on the status (if ON, they will switch to OFF and vice versa).

- When performing an Annunciator Light Test - the master warning sound is triggered and it shouldn't.

- "EMER DOOR UNLK" on the overhead panel is ON when the doors are open, but this is incorrect, the emergency door is in the cockpit ceiling.

PART B

Cold and Dark status:

NOTE:

1. Here is included only what should be changed, what is correct is not mentioned below.

2. This list was created for version 1.0, but some bugs are still present in the version 1.1.

1. OVERHEAD PANEL:

·         LOOP A & B (both engines) pushbuttons - ON

·         MFC pushbuttons  - ALL ON.

NOTE: When battery is switched ON, MFC should perform an autotest as described above.

·         Fuel Pumps - OFF

·         Electrical "OVRD" & "UNDV" - OFF (extinguished)

·         DC BUS 1 & 2 EMER BAT CHG pushbuttons - ON

·         DC GEN 1 & 2 pushbuttons - ON (engine being shutoff, FAULT light illuminated)

·         PROP BRK - ON or OFF (depending on the operator)

·         HYD Blue & Green Main Pumps pushbuttons - ON (due to lack of ACW Generators, FAULT light illuminated)

·         HYD AUX Pump pushbuttons - ON

·         HYD XFEED pushbutton - OFF

·         ACW Generators 1& 2 pushbuttons - ON (FAULT light illuminated, no propeller spinning)

·         AFR AIR BLEED pushbutton - ON

·         Oxygen pushbutton - OFF

·         Exhaust Mode - ON (NORM) - no light -

·         RECIRC FANs, PACKS, BLEEDS pushbuttons - OFF (correctly shown in sim.). OVHT, LEAK and FAULT lights should be OFF (extinguished).

·         ATTND CALL: "EMER" and "CALL" annunciators are separate, depending on what button the flight attendant is pressing to call the cockpit.

2.  MAIN PANEL:

·         CRTs - OFF

·         Red flags on RMI - OFF (Flags on RMI indicates the AHRSs are not aligned properly, not that there is no signal from the ground station, as simulated now).

·         Takeoff bugs (white triangles) - 90%

·         Captain left side - TERR - ON

3. Pedestal:

·         Gust lock - ON

·         Radio stations  - OFF

·         Transponder should have also an OFF position. Radio COM stations cannot be switched off in sim, altough there is an "OFF" position.

Wish you all the best,

Alex

Edited by 46Pilot
  • Like 5

Excellent report!. Very helpful.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

hola yo tengo un problema con la fmc no puedo actualizar su airac y ya tengo la version 1905 como puedo solucionar eso 

Question on this as I am unable to locate the update to the AT42. I have had it for 2 days I believe it is still the 1.0 as the file itself says AT100 vs something like AT110. Can someone point me in the right direction or did I miss something?

Thank you,

Jason

System: P3D v4.5 HF2 & XP11, Ryzen 9 3900XNvidia RTX 2080, 32Gb G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3600Mhz RAMMSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon MoBo, 500Mb Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 2x 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSDCorsair H150I Pro RGB AIO, Cooler Master MB511 RGB Case, Corsair RM850X PSUWin 10 Pro 64-bit, Samsung 32" 4K Monitor & Samsung 28" 4K Monitor T-Flight Hotas 4.

7 hours ago, 46Pilot said:

- When APP mode armed, the glideslope can be captured before the localizer.

Not sure if this is a bug. On e.g. the 767 this is a customer option.

@FDEdev oh, ok... as far as I know, it's not allowed to start the final descend until established on the localizer..

Edited by 46Pilot

@Fresjay76 you have to uninstall the existing version, go to into your carenado account and download the installer again.

Edited by 46Pilot

56 minutes ago, 46Pilot said:

it's not allowed to start the final descend until not enstablished on the localizer..

I assume that you mean until established. This feature is very convenient if you are e.g. still above the cleared altitude and you are about to capture, or just have captured the LLZ.

Edited by FDEdev

FYi, it still says not established, 😉 this was what I was referring to, not the typo.

11 hours ago, Fresjay76 said:

Question on this as I am unable to locate the update to the AT42. I have had it for 2 days I believe it is still the 1.0 as the file itself says AT100 vs something like AT110. Can someone point me in the right direction or did I miss something?

Thank you,

Jason

Download it again, most probably v1.1 is inside the zip file now.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

46Pilot and Edpatino, Thank you for your reply's. Got the patch installed and was pleasantly surprised to see my FPS issue resolved but the VAS usage not so much. But since my switch from FSX:SE to P3D is imminent I am not overly worried about it. The big reason I bought the plane was it cross compatibility between the 2. I have many a payware that will not do this, at least not to any version above V4.3. I plan on going to V4.5 so having this as a good option is very nice. 

I also want to thank 46Pilot for his insight into the operations of the CL, PL, and Power MGT switch in other threads. Has made my controlling of the aircraft more understandable and enjoyable. I also have the Majestic Dash-8 so this is now my easier go to for short commuter flights. Especially while flying around in Europe.

Thanks again,

Jason

System: P3D v4.5 HF2 & XP11, Ryzen 9 3900XNvidia RTX 2080, 32Gb G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3600Mhz RAMMSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon MoBo, 500Mb Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 2x 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSDCorsair H150I Pro RGB AIO, Cooler Master MB511 RGB Case, Corsair RM850X PSUWin 10 Pro 64-bit, Samsung 32" 4K Monitor & Samsung 28" 4K Monitor T-Flight Hotas 4.