Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

C550 Enroute from the Bay Area to the Sierras

Forgot to point out the wonderful Reality XP in the bottom center of the last photo, I love it, the computer interface is just awesome, I thought I would never get it but it is worth the pittance it costs, compared to the flight management at one's fingertips and loads of airport charts.  It has no impact on framerates whatsoever, at least with my humble specs.

John

Edited by John_Cillis

Very realistic shots, John

• Like 1

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Gotta thank Xplane, Ortho4XP and Carenado for that!  P3DV4.4 also does the same with photo scenery too.

John

2 hours ago, John_Cillis said:

Gotta thank Xplane, Ortho4XP and Carenado for that!  P3DV4.4 also does the same with photo scenery too.

John

I agree with you, John, but somehow I have the feeling, when I compare my P3D v4.4 shots with the same from XP11, the ones from XP11 look more realistic. But maybe that's just me and others have different experiences 

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

40 minutes ago, bernd1151 said:

I agree with you, John, but somehow I have the feeling, when I compare my P3D v4.4 shots with the same from XP11, the ones from XP11 look more realistic. But maybe that's just me and others have different experiences 

I feel that way too about Xplane11, it has to do with the way they model the atmosphere, I just feel it is spot on having flown so many real miles in business, tourists and general aviation travel.  I have P3DV4.4 because it simulates the dry desert visibilities we have over Phoenix from about March until June, and from about Mid October to March.

We can see, in real flights, beyond Xplane11's 100 mile limit, up to the San Francisco peaks and the southern edge of the Grand Canyon, as soon as we soar above 10,000 feet.  But Valley growth and Valley smog is impeding that visibility as Phoenix and Tuscon will grow together with the opening of the new Loop 202 this year into the Nation's third or fourth largest Megalopolis, and not with such high density as other Megalopolis's, it is why I moved to Phoenix, it is a magnet city for the young who cannot afford the cost of living in other states. 

But we will reach our population limit and I predict rents and home prices will bottom out someday, it is why I chose Phoenix to live in my later life and retirement, better than living in a foreign country as some snowbirds do, like Mexico, simply because such countries use Napoleonic Law, Guilty until proven innocent.  That's why I stand by my country, where I learned how to fly, which gave me my vocation, and let me peacefully travel in and out of it as much as I want.  But I feel in my later years I will not leave the US, there is a lot of undiscovered country here.

JC