ErichB

Flightbeam Quito (SEQM) available

Posted (edited)

I was buying Phoenix and decided to click on Quito and was able to purchse it.  I've just installed it  - 359MB

Edited by Jim Young
link removed
  • Upvote 2

Jeez, first KLAS and now this??? My wallet is going to cry!

In all seriousness, I'm stoked. It's like Christmas in spring!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Goodness. Will definitely need those runways with all these airport releases, as my wallet is getting light enough to take off on its own.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Great news indeed - KLAS to SEQM will be a great flight about now 😁-- now all we need is FSDT to release KORD v2!🧐

Edited by pracines

5 minutes ago, Aeronildo said:

Another cargo hub is on the way. Paulo Ricardo's Campinas/ Viracopos SBKP: http://pauloricardofs.blogspot.com/

Awesome! On his current sale I bought all of his sceneries in one fell swoop... finally realized that each one of them is simply amazing. Whatever he develops, I’ll buy it... I wish more developers would go towards an airport + city paradigm. 

• Like 1

Latin VFR's KMSY New Orleans just dropped too...nice weekend ahead.

Wouldn't you know it. I bought the cheap one just a month ago.😭

For anybody who has bought this, could they post a top-down screenshot that show the coverage area? Could be quite curious to see if it encompasses some of the mountains that make the approach to Quito so breathtaking!

3 minutes ago, Benjamin J said:

For anybody who has bought this, could they post a top-down screenshot that show the coverage area? Could be quite curious to see if it encompasses some of the mountains that make the approach to Quito so breathtaking!

The user manual shows coverage area.  You can download that without having to purchase. Doesn't cover any of the surrounding terrain.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Here you go from the manual. 😀

8 minutes ago, Benjamin J said:

ddGHWeN.png

Edited by Silverbird
  • Like 1

Ugh, sorry about that, should have known! Thanks for providing the image 🙂

Wish the coverage was bigger though... Scenery like this kind of needs coverage for the mountains.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, okupton said:

Now to the daunting task of getting UTL traffic over to SEQM...

No need for the daunting tasks of UTL anymore - Go with AIG One Click Install, its free, updated often, works great, and it has lots of traffic going in and out of SEQM. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Benjamin J said:

Ugh, sorry about that, should have known! Thanks for providing the image 🙂

Wish the coverage was bigger though... Scenery like this kind of needs coverage for the mountains.

Hi Benjamin Glade I could help oh God... now we gotta find some good coverage for the mountains lol so happy to have more scenery from that area of the world.

5 hours ago, pracines said:

No need for the daunting tasks of UTL anymore - Go with AIG One Click Install, its free, updated often, works great, and it has lots of traffic going in and out of SEQM. 

Will have to check that out thanks.

How’s the airport blending with Orbx South America scenery? 

Im thinking I might need to buy a good mesh to go with this airport along with Orbx SA.

Like FS Global Ultimate NG, apparently it’s supposed to work seamlessly with Orbx global and Vector.

Anyone got anything good to say about  FS Global Ultimate NG.

Ive used mesh before with mixed results, many airports were sitting on plateaus. Haven’t used any mesh for years now. I have all the FTX regions so not sure if they work together or just simply slow the SIM down.

I fly mainly using VR nowadays so performance is always a factor. 

IM

33 minutes ago, Iceman2 said:

How’s the airport blending with Orbx South America scenery? 

Im thinking I might need to buy a good mesh to go with this airport along with Orbx SA.

Like FS Global Ultimate NG, apparently it’s supposed to work seamlessly with Orbx global and Vector.

Anyone got anything good to say about  FS Global Ultimate NG.

Ive used mesh before with mixed results, many airports were sitting on plateaus. Haven’t used any mesh for years now. I have all the FTX regions so not sure if they work together or just simply slow the SIM down.

I fly mainly using VR nowadays so performance is always a factor. 

IM

You could try free mesh x  first 

11 hours ago, Benjamin J said:

Ben, I've posted three screenshots from various altitudes of the airport and surrounds here.  

It blends very well with the scenery packages I am using.

• Like 1

I am just discovering South America. Last weekend I purchases SCEL from LatinVFR, now I downloaded SEQM. Looking forward to do some flights between both airports.

• Like 2

Can anyone post a night shot? I'm not seeing ANY dynamic lighting from the light poles, and it's specifically noted in the descriptions on the purchase page....?

"p3Dv4 dynamic night lighting included"

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, sddjd said:

Can anyone post a night shot? I'm not seeing ANY dynamic lighting from the light poles, and it's specifically noted in the descriptions on the purchase page....?

"p3Dv4 dynamic night lighting included"

Did you run the config program?

SuhTFMS.jpg

not pictured: My graphics card melting with all this dynamic lighting...

Edited by Boeing or not going
  • Upvote 1

I have been quite busy this weekend and only messed around with SEQM a little bit, but the night lighting stands out as excellent so far.  

Posted (edited)

Thanks, guess I need to do a complete uninstall. I checked and the installer didn't copy the effects files into the proper directory, but even when placing them I still have dark aprons. Strange...

I don't have any mention of dyn lighting in the control panel/manager, should there be?

(ps- I've registered on the FBeam forum several times and have yet to receive the confirming email, so hoping my weekend won't be over before getting to fly here)

Edited by sddjd

Wow that VOR ILS Rwy 36 approach!

I flew into the old Mariscal Sucre, but never this relocated one.  What a canyon on the left on final!  This is what Central and South American flying is all about.  You mess up your speeds and altitudes on approaches like this, and...farewell and adieu to you old spanish ladies.

In real life I observed a UPS 763 come in too fast, and he did a hold at the QIT VOR to bleed off airspeed.  This is a hold point on the approach, too.

On 4/26/2019 at 8:07 PM, pracines said:

As another UTL user... did you just install all the AIG airlines/flight plans that operate out of SEQM? Does that mean at other airports that do have UTL traffic you have duplicate flights?