Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

Flightbeam Quito (SEQM) available

How’s the airport blending with Orbx South America scenery? 

Im thinking I might need to buy a good mesh to go with this airport along with Orbx SA.

Like FS Global Ultimate NG, apparently it’s supposed to work seamlessly with Orbx global and Vector.

Anyone got anything good to say about  FS Global Ultimate NG.

Ive used mesh before with mixed results, many airports were sitting on plateaus. Haven’t used any mesh for years now. I have all the FTX regions so not sure if they work together or just simply slow the SIM down.

I fly mainly using VR nowadays so performance is always a factor. 

IM

33 minutes ago, Iceman2 said:

How’s the airport blending with Orbx South America scenery? 

Im thinking I might need to buy a good mesh to go with this airport along with Orbx SA.

Like FS Global Ultimate NG, apparently it’s supposed to work seamlessly with Orbx global and Vector.

Anyone got anything good to say about  FS Global Ultimate NG.

Ive used mesh before with mixed results, many airports were sitting on plateaus. Haven’t used any mesh for years now. I have all the FTX regions so not sure if they work together or just simply slow the SIM down.

I fly mainly using VR nowadays so performance is always a factor. 

IM

You could try free mesh x  first 

ZORAN

11 hours ago, Benjamin J said:

For anybody who has bought this, could they post a top-down screenshot that show the coverage area? Could be quite curious to see if it encompasses some of the mountains that make the approach to Quito so breathtaking!

Ben, I've posted three screenshots from various altitudes of the airport and surrounds here.  

It blends very well with the scenery packages I am using.

• Like 1

I am just discovering South America. Last weekend I purchases SCEL from LatinVFR, now I downloaded SEQM. Looking forward to do some flights between both airports.

• Like 2

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Can anyone post a night shot? I'm not seeing ANY dynamic lighting from the light poles, and it's specifically noted in the descriptions on the purchase page....?

"p3Dv4 dynamic night lighting included"

Dan Dominik                                                                           

"I thought you said your dog does not bite....
                                                                That's not my dog."

1 hour ago, sddjd said:

Can anyone post a night shot? I'm not seeing ANY dynamic lighting from the light poles, and it's specifically noted in the descriptions on the purchase page....?

"p3Dv4 dynamic night lighting included"

Did you run the config program?

SuhTFMS.jpg

not pictured: My graphics card melting with all this dynamic lighting...

Edited by Boeing or not going
  • Upvote 1

I have been quite busy this weekend and only messed around with SEQM a little bit, but the night lighting stands out as excellent so far.  

Orman

Thanks, guess I need to do a complete uninstall. I checked and the installer didn't copy the effects files into the proper directory, but even when placing them I still have dark aprons. Strange...

I don't have any mention of dyn lighting in the control panel/manager, should there be?

(ps- I've registered on the FBeam forum several times and have yet to receive the confirming email, so hoping my weekend won't be over before getting to fly here)

Edited by sddjd

Dan Dominik                                                                           

"I thought you said your dog does not bite....
                                                                That's not my dog."

Wow that VOR ILS Rwy 36 approach!

I flew into the old Mariscal Sucre, but never this relocated one.  What a canyon on the left on final!  This is what Central and South American flying is all about.  You mess up your speeds and altitudes on approaches like this, and...farewell and adieu to you old spanish ladies.

In real life I observed a UPS 763 come in too fast, and he did a hold at the QIT VOR to bleed off airspeed.  This is a hold point on the approach, too.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

On 4/26/2019 at 8:07 PM, pracines said:

No need for the daunting tasks of UTL anymore - Go with AIG One Click Install, its free, updated often, works great, and it has lots of traffic going in and out of SEQM. 

As another UTL user... did you just install all the AIG airlines/flight plans that operate out of SEQM? Does that mean at other airports that do have UTL traffic you have duplicate flights? 

6 hours ago, Mace said:

Wow that VOR ILS Rwy 36 approach!

I flew into the old Mariscal Sucre, but never this relocated one.  What a canyon on the left on final!  This is what Central and South American flying is all about.  You mess up your speeds and altitudes on approaches like this, and...farewell and adieu to you old spanish ladies.

In real life I observed a UPS 763 come in too fast, and he did a hold at the QIT VOR to bleed off airspeed.  This is a hold point on the approach, too.

i have to admit that i was not able to do a stable approach into it with fslabs a320.. Way too fast and not able to get the speed down.. Even with speedbrakes out all the time

Carsten U

1 hour ago, Chapstick said:

As another UTL user... did you just install all the AIG airlines/flight plans that operate out of SEQM? Does that mean at other airports that do have UTL traffic you have duplicate flights? 

I have UTL installed, but when I go to SEQM, I shut it off and load a specially AIG Central and South American package I created which works great in that area. You should use one or the other, that would be best.

Lee

Edited by Midnight Music

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

2 hours ago, Chapstick said:

I installed all available AIG planes and plans worldwide, I use UTL for GA only and 0% UTL airline - so no duplicates anywhere.

But UTL does not recognize any airport in Quito whether new or old🤢

6 hours ago, RTK1972 said:

i have to admit that i was not able to do a stable approach into it with fslabs a320.. Way too fast and not able to get the speed down.. Even with speedbrakes out all the time

I flew a DC-10-10F and came in cautiously.   I'll have to try an A320 next.  Usually I'm able to slow a DC-10-10F down.  A pax A319-320 is another matter. 🙂

As I look at the UPS 763 that did this approach in real life -- actually they did not really slow down that much in the hold at QIT.  I'm not sure why they did it other than maybe to wait for someone else to land, or wait for wx to clear.  Here is a link to the FlightAware page:

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/UPS428/history/20190427/1830Z/KMIA/SEQM

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

8 hours ago, RTK1972 said:

Tips: in the fmc change the speed restriction to 250/18000

set speed 185 over QIT and have flaps down one notch by then, before turning to heading 030 to intercept the LOC get fully configured for landing

This airport lands Runway 36 and ILS Z 90% of the year

Edited by Boeing or not going
  • Like 1