Sign in to follow this  
Highmike

Snippet of FSX in-game footage from nVNews

Guest Bottle

nVNews had someone at the E3 NVidia booth filming some of the games on display. Within the medely there is some FSX in-game footage (a very poor jet landing in chase-plane view and a RedBull run in tail-plane view). The colour and resolution is fairly poor, but they are some more crumbs for our hungry minds.http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=70254Footage starts at 6' 10"

Guest Bottle

>Ouch 88mb? I was about to go to bed too..>>Can't wait to see it...Don't wait up. It's a very small snippet and not that impressive. The shine on the Red Bull plane is nice however.

awful blurries , and the same tire smoke (fs9).... sorrybrds

lol my download started working fast, I disagree with the snippet... It was spectacular, did you see the new runway textures? The split in the ashphalt?Amazing and the best airport environment I've ever seen in FS...The only problem with FSX looks to me like what are they going to do for FS11? Almost everyone's dreams are coming true in FSX, and the new approach ACES has taken in interacting with their customer base means that most of the dreams and desires for years of users are in FSX...If everything is improved to where 3rd party 'fixes' (i.e. ashphalt textures, ocean water and color etc) aren't needed, then what will be left to improve for FS11? *panic*

Dean Mountford
Ultimate VFR

>If everything is improved to where 3rd party 'fixes' (i.e.>ashphalt textures, ocean water and color etc) aren't needed,>then what will be left to improve for FS11? *panic*Well, that's the way it should be - FS should be so good out of the box that in terms of colors, water, ground textures, etc there should be little need for 'obvious' improvement. Any changes will mostly address specific tastes that folks have but there will be little need to 'fix' something.Of course FlyTampa and FlightScenery will still be indispensable to bring in really immersive airport environment and PMDG (and others) to deliver top notch aircraft.Michael J.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/for...argo_hauler.gifhttp://sales.hifisim.com/pub-download/asv6-banner-beta.jpg

Guest JuiceRabbit

It's great and worth the download!Look at the mountain range in the Red Bull segment (at 7min 54sec), it seems to have a very steep cliff. Ive not seen that in FS9. Also, there's a moving truck on the apron (at 7min 45sec).

I know we are all starving for our FSX fix, but I saw absolutely nothing in that stream that was worth watching. Terrible quality in which you couldn't even see much. Best thing about it was the Lara Croft booth babe, LOL.Regards, MichaelKDFWhttp://www.calvirair.com/mcpics/mcdcvabanner.jpgCalVirAir International

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest tdragger

<>Wow. We haven't even added the good stuff yet.

Guest tdragger

>awful blurries , and the same tire smoke (fs9).... sorryYeah, what was up with those ground textures in the Lear mission? Blech! Goodness knows what settings they were using. Kinda made me glad the video quality was so poor.

>awful blurries , and the same tire smoke (fs9).... sorry>>brdsumm can you say 'pre beta' build?some stuff might be changed but not shown in the E3 demo, the demo at E3 was a pre beta build of the software, i.e. not everything is in it...not to mention, the systems they had to run the demo on would lead to blurries, they weren't anywhere near as good a systems as pixelpokes laptop! people are so critical...

Dean Mountford
Ultimate VFR

><FS...>>>>Wow. We haven't even added the good stuff yet.>Niiiiiiiceeee.... You tease us too much Mike... :-lolDon't make everything too good or else we won't have anything to wish for in FS11... :-lol

Dean Mountford
Ultimate VFR