Sign in to follow this  
Guest JSPuonti

The machines that will run FS-X.

> I read the above link about MS's new "Physics API". This is the first I have heard of it. > The way I understand it, is that there will be yet ANOTHER cpu to handle just physics-related things?A new API doesn't imply another cpu :-lol

The big questions will be the cost of a new cpu and new DX10 gpu???

Hoping For CAVU --- Chris

I'm waiting until Feb 2008 before I get a new rig, I've got to get 3 years out of my old one. By that time there'll be a service pack for Vista too, which will be a bonus.I plan on spending $2k easy, maybe more I don't care. It'll be worth it.Mike.

Mike Beckwith

We, then, go our rigs around the same time. I was waiting to get mine right at 3 years. (Mostly out of fear of telling my wife that I needed a new gear sooner..LOL)

well this is all well and very blue news!will my system run it well?amd 64 fx55 pci-e 2.6gig2gigs of onboard ram256mb radeon xt850 card??ciao!Brian S

Ciao!

Guest JSPuonti

Hardware's not everything - two hardware-wise identical systems could perform differently simply because one's loaded with unnecessary software or bad drivers, or because the owner thinks too highly of his computer and uses settings that are too high for the system's capabilities. Even two people looking at how one computer runs the game might have differing opinions on how "well" the game performs.I have a system comparable to yours (slightly less capable on the CPU side, slightly better on the video side) and I expect it to run FSX well....right after I make the necessary sacrifices in visual fidelity.So the short answer to your question is YES.