Sign in to follow this  
Gil Yoder

P2A Hanging

I have been having several problems with P2A, but I'll try to speak to only one issue at a time. 

The main problem I am having is that the program seems to hang at times, particularly the ATC conversations procedures. So far it seems to happen after speech has been converted to text and the text is something that doesn't make sense. For example, just now the program recognized speech as "CESSNA Two Charlie Bravo Request via Four Five One."

This elicited no response from ATC, and no other communication was accepted from PTT or SayIt, or received from ATT.

The rest of the program continued to be responsive, except that after clicking on the Pause button, I was unable to unpause the moving map.

Once when this occurred the conversation procedures eventually became unstuck and started in a conversation loop with the ATC and Copilot responding back and forth over and over until I terminated the program.

I am running Pilot2ATC 2018 v. 2.5.0.7 x64 with P3D4. For voices I have the following voices installed which are in use in P2A:

Microsoft Davide Desktop
Microsoft Zira Desktop

Please let me know what other data you might need to diagnose the problem here. I am glad to help in any way I can.

Gil

gyoder_emailsig.jpg?_1393642712_04 sig?u=gyoder
Gil Yoder
about.me/gyoder 

Gil,

Thanks for the report.

If you could send me the log file for the flight in question, that would help.  Please send to admin@pilot2atc.com

P2A Log files are located in: 
C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\P2A_200\Logs 
where <UserName> is your PC user name. Portions of the path may be hidden by default, so be sure Windows Explorer has Show Hidden Items checked in the View tab.
A new one is created each time you start Pilot2ATC, so if you take the most recent one when you have the error, you should have the correct one.  If you've stopped and restarted P2A since then, it might be an earlier one.

Thanks,

Dave

One thing that happens on my setup and maybe is affecting yours is the text for the frequency is incorrect or missing.  When it goes from Ground to Tower quite often the text remains GND.  It doesn't matter how I request it will not answer a request for departure.   Flip the frequencies twice will usually correct the behavior.

I find taxi request takes relatively longer time to answer.

I usually try 'Radio check' which will sometimes unstick p2a and if this doesn't work I look at the frequency text to see if this is correct GND, TWR, APP, etc.  I find most of my issues are GND to TWR and APP to TWR.   

This problem hasn't reduced with the versions.  The frequency text and not the frequency seems to inform P2A what it is doing.

16 minutes ago, JeB1952 said:

This problem hasn't reduced with the versions.  The frequency text and not the frequency seems to inform P2A what it is doing.

I may have experienced this too. I'm not sure it was the issue this time, but I'm pretty sure it's happened. I'll watch for it in the future.

Thanks.

gyoder_emailsig.jpg?_1393642712_04 sig?u=gyoder
Gil Yoder
about.me/gyoder