Sign in to follow this  
Lorby_SI

Lorby Live Traffic not discontinued

26 minutes ago, Romio59 said:

I have downloaded and installed the program for Prepar3d Vers. 4.5. On startup, an error message appears from Windows. If you click on continue, the program Lorby Live Traffic opens, but it does not connect to Opensky!

Sorry, no idea.

I have done a fresh install into Prepar3D v4.5 too, about an hour ago, because I never had this app on this particular computer (it has been years since I've used it). No error messages of any kind. I scanned the P3D scenery with LLTX, then built up the aircraft library as the LLTX message window instructed me to.

It connected to OpenSky, and while the data quality wasn't great, it was obviously working. Then I bought a RealTraffic license real quick and tested that as well. Also worked as expected.

So for me, when set up correctly, the app is definitely working, even on a "fresh" computer.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

22 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

Sorry, no idea.

I have done a fresh install into Prepar3D v4.5 too, about an hour ago, because I never had this app on this particular computer (it has been years since I've used it). No error messages of any kind. I scanned the P3D scenery with LLTX, then built up the aircraft library as the LLTX message window instructed me to.

It connected to OpenSky, and while the data quality wasn't great, it was obviously working. Then I bought a RealTraffic license real quick and tested that as well. Also worked as expected.

So for me, when set up correctly, the app is definitely working, even on a "fresh" computer.

Lorby is now running, after installing vcredistx64 again. However, it only shows military air traffic (helicopters, fighter planes, transport planes), not jets of the worldwide airlines. Furthermore, Opensky can only be used for 8 minutes without registration, or 80 minutes with prior registration!

48 minutes ago, Romio59 said:

Lorby is now running, after installing vcredistx64 again. However, it only shows military air traffic (helicopters, fighter planes, transport planes), not jets of the worldwide airlines. Furthermore, Opensky can only be used for 8 minutes without registration, or 80 minutes with prior registration!

Did you build an aircraft database? What AI model library are you using? 

It worked fine for me, even with OpenSky. Not sure about the time limit - OpenSky did not notify me of any changes. 

Edit: I've taken a look at the new OpenSky terms. They have implemented a credit system. As an anonymous user you get 400 credits per day, a registerd user gets 4000. Every data request by LLTX costs 4 credits - and a request happens every 15 seconds. 

This renders OpenSky effectively unusable as a data source. Ah well, it never worked that great to begin with, RealTraffic is so much better. Maybe it is time to retire LLTX entirely - along with all other legacy apps.

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Like 1

LORBY-SI

On 4/25/2023 at 6:02 PM, Lorby_SI said:

Did you build an aircraft database? What AI model library are you using? 

It worked fine for me, even with OpenSky. Not sure about the time limit - OpenSky did not notify me of any changes. 

Edit: I've taken a look at the new OpenSky terms. They have implemented a credit system. As an anonymous user you get 400 credits per day, a registerd user gets 4000. Every data request by LLTX costs 4 credits - and a request happens every 15 seconds. 

This renders OpenSky effectively unusable as a data source. Ah well, it never worked that great to begin with, RealTraffic is so much better. Maybe it is time to retire LLTX entirely - along with all other legacy apps.

I use the AI from Alpha India. Works wonderfully in normal operation. During the initial installation, the program scanned the computer for airports and airlines. However, if you run a scan with Lorby under P3D V4, the program shows all airlines and aircraft types on the right side, but only military aircraft in the left window!
But, as they say themselves, Open Sky network is now uninteresting.
I will probably switch to PSXT and afford a monthly subscription of Real Traffic from time to time.

Thank you very much for your efforts and have a good time!

Best regards'
Roman

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

26 minutes ago, Romio59 said:

I will probably switch to PSXT and afford a monthly subscription of Real Traffic from time to time.

Both apps, LLTX and PSXT can use RealTraffic as a data source. The main difference is how they handle the aircraft movement in the air and on the ground, and if you want the AI to interact properly with ATC.

But you obviously did something wrong when scanning your aircraft database - or the models are not installed correctly per P3D V4 spec and LLTX can't see them.

What "right side" and "left side" do you mean? What dialog is that? I am not aware that the aircraft database dialog has two sides???
LLTX does not build the database automatically, you have to do that, using the "Configure" button on the main dialog.

As a side note - military aircraft and helicopters are not "live" at all, they are injected traffic.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI