Sign in to follow this  
briansommers

Aircraft FAILURE Probability %age required.

>I really liked FSMaintenance as well and its sad to see it>didnt make it beyond FS2004.>>For payware there is also this >http://www.flytechsoft.com/index.html>>For FSFailure V2.0 its never bothered my preformance at all. >One thing is that it does run in the background and at one>time I use to hate that fact but since I have a Hyper Thread>CPU I can make it where it runs on one thread and the sim on>the other. Something t okeep in mind for all those who use>many apps in the background. However, it seems to be a very>very low CPU hit so on a mid to high machine you shouldnt see>any frame hits at all.>>Anyway try and install FSFail like normal and see if it give>you any errors. If so let me know and I will see what I did>to fix it. It was almost three years ago that I installed>it.>>JackJack,I downloaded the trial version of the flytechsoft's ALERT and it seems to be pretty good.The only thing is.. If my understanding is right.. to decrease the probability of the failure.. I have to increase the hours in which the failure should occur right? I think.. I am right. If that is the case..then thats all I want.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest Foxtrot 125 Tango

>I'd also like to see something like this implemented, along>with some failures triggered by pilot actions (exceeding load>limits, landing hard, icing, etc.)Right on!:-) Or how about the engine temperature get excessively high in the default Cessna Skylane when you climb at maximum rate and at full power on a hot day with cowl flaps closed.:( I tried this in FS9 and nothing remarkable happened. Now I would'nt want to try that in a real Skylane!Regards,Mark.

Guest Foxtrot 125 Tango

>>...aside from an engine fire, NONE of those two other items>>mentioned above will necessarily (most likely) produce an>>immediate failure. >>Really? OK, then just engine fires, then :)>>>>...over revving the engine once will not produce a failure>>(highly, highly, unlikely).>>Even in a jet (taking the needles into the red zones)??I don't know for sure, but I would suspect that an on board computer governor would prevent anyone from trying to bury the needles into the red zone. :D

Guest garwig2

>I don't know for sure, but I would suspect that an on board>computer governor would prevent anyone from trying to bury the>needles into the red zone. :D Probably, but in the default 737 if you push the throttle all the way forward the needles go into the red. So if you leave it there for long enough, something bad should happen, I would think...

Guest CapHavoc

Howdy,>For FSFailure V2.0 its never bothered my preformance at all. >Anyway try and install FSFail like normal and see if it give>you any errors. If so let me know and I will see what I did>to fix it. It was almost three years ago that I installed>it.Does FS Failure V2.0 actually work in 2K4? FSFailure calls to FSUIPC to monitor the system failure(s); however, it has no registery key for FSUIPC v.3.+ and so is read as an unrecognised programme (at least as far as the unregistered version of FSUIPC is concerned).Enquiring minds would really like to know. TIA.

try fspassengers thats my favorite - a tad pricey but i love it, you can actaully dectect a fault sometimes even when you do your runup, you can get bird strikes and tons of other stuff, its amazing, it takes the complacency out of flying a fltsim.ciao!Brian S

Ciao!