Sign in to follow this  
SlowFlyer

Mission "X"

In keeping with the "X" theme, I wonder if the MSFS Dev Team have decided to apply some easter eggs, or better yet [with the new mission theme now] - secret missions that only unlock if we fly over a certain place... like the Bermuda Triangle!Better yet, "X" as in "X-Files", or missions TO Area 51, but no return flight available...Just for fun gang :) I know nothing like this would ever make it in to FSX. Really, and for those who do think so, well...

Guest tdragger

Pretty cool ideas. I think you'll be pretty happy then with some of the missions. ;)Oh, wait, I forgot--this isn't a game. Never mind then, I'll make sure we remove these before we ship.

Guest christian

I kept myself out of the discussion - but can't resist to reply now:Believe it or not, in the midst of all nay sayers there are people who are quite excited by the new missions - and I'm one of them. What's happening here is what happened a couple of months ago to the racing sim GT Legends which is a hardcore sim, but introduced unlockable cars . The hardcore sim crowd immediately divided into two groups - lovers and haters (haven't I seen this division somewhere else? multiple times?).As a 'lover' I completely accept that some people may not like this feature - not a problem - each to their own. What I don't get is the very emotional reaction from the 'haters' group. It's not like Microsoft (or other developers) sit behind you with a large blunt object and hit you over the head if you don't use the 'gamey' features. Just have a cup of tea and continue your life as normal - by just ignoring the new 'gamey' features.Ok, it takes time to develop those features, but there is a group who anticipates those features and afterall we're paying money for the product too. And I'm not just a teenage gamer who doesn't understand sims, it's just while I do enjoy poking my screw drivers at engines and gears (literally speaking), I also enjoy putting up my feet and be entertained for the sake of it. Amazingly enough, I had a few scenarios running through my head on how to add entertaining missions to FS2004, and a couple of months later the FS team announces they are just doing that (in FSX). Proves that great minds think alike ;)Ok, rather then to continue the accusing and arguing about who killed whom, I suggest it's time for a group hug...Cheers,Christian

>Pretty cool ideas. I think you'll be pretty happy then with>some of the missions. ;)>>Oh, wait, I forgot--this isn't a game. Never mind then, I'll>make sure we remove these before we ship.Dontcha dare!!! :-hah

Guest Dennis_k

>Pretty cool ideas. I think you'll be pretty happy then with>some of the missions. ;)>>Oh, wait, I forgot--this isn't a game. Never mind then, I'll>make sure we remove these before we ship.If you do this, i personaly comming to Redmond, 1 way microsoftstreet, ring on the doorbel, and slap you with a large fish.Even if this means i have to swim across the ocean.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/149433.gif

>Pretty cool ideas. I think you'll be pretty happy then with>some of the missions. ;)>>Oh, wait, I forgot--this isn't a game. Never mind then, I'll>make sure we remove these before we ship.roflol... You guys are making me laugh so much tonight....I tried to email some stuff about area 51 tonight, but darn outlook express didn't like the size of the email, I'll have to upload it to a webspace somewhere and provide a link...I have access to some good area 51 information through work... ;) High res pics and 3D high res stuff... Enough stuff to have a photoreal version...shhhh, don't tell anyone tho.... :(In all seriousness though, you guys might be interested if only for your own eyes ;)

Dean Mountford
Ultimate VFR

>Pretty cool ideas. I think you'll be pretty happy then with>some of the missions. ;)>>Oh, wait, I forgot--this isn't a game. Never mind then, I'll>make sure we remove these before we ship.Now that's funny. :-lol I don't mind if FSX has some "game" features, because I trust the team will also keep FSX as real as it can be. FS9 has "boxes" in the sky, they can be turned off or on. I forget the name of this feature, but it has helped me to learn to land. Plus, FS9 already has some "missions"; I flew over Hawaii, using one of the "missions". However, I haven't flew one of these "missions" in over a year or more. So even if you don't like the "hoops", missions, xbox controller, I think, like fs9, you can choose not to use them, etc.I think FSX will be a big enough sim to allow a lot of people to enjoy it, whether you are interested in FSX as "game" a "sim" or something in between.I believe that offering more "game" features will be a big plus to get non-fs players interested in this software, which will allowing future versions to be devoloped, thus making future FS versions more real with the ever increasing pc technology.I trust that FSX will allow 3rd parties to develop even more fantastic add-ons. Lastly, if FSX follows FS9 as a great platform, we will get incredible addons. Whether people are unhappy about paying extra to purchase addons, is another topic, and I am not address that issue in this post.Thanks for listen to my humble opinion.Thanks to the FS team for 2.5 years (so far)of great simming with fs9!

10850K, MSI Unify Z490, 32gb G.Skill Ripjaw 3600 CL16, MSI 5700 XT 8gb, Nochua NH-U12a, WD 500gb Black SSD (OS- Windows 10 Pro), Samsung 2tb Evo plus SSD (games), Superflower 850 watts power supply