Sign in to follow this  
=Hollywood=

FS Time Zone Bug?

One thing I'm curious about is if the Timezone bugs have all been fixed for FSX? Apparently every version of FS has had timezone errors for various places worldwide...One place for example is Broken Hill in NSW Australia, it's time zone is actually the same as Adelaide, South Australia...Someone did create some fixes for it, but I'm wondering if you awesome guys at ACES are aware of the bugs in the time zone modelling?

Dean Mountford
Ultimate VFR

Guest tdragger

We're aware that the data is out of date but likely haven't fixed many issues unfortunately. I believe, if memory serves, we are going to document the timezone file format for the SDK to better facilitate fixes by the community.

That's awesome news... I'll see what I can do to help track down the bugs, I don't remember the guy who did the fixed BGL's for other versions of FS, but if I can get stuff compiled I'll shoot it off to tell_fs... Maybe something for FS11... ;)Thanks for the heads up Mike... :)The main reason I found it to be an issue was with AI scheduling. I'd been working on some retro AI for Ansett Australia back in the 1930's and had a whole bunch of hoops I needed to jump through to get the schedules right, didn't help that Broken Hill wanted to be dumb and have their time zone the same as the state next door , anyway it causes more of an issue for AI scheduling than anything...Again not majorly important and not really expecting a fix for FSX, but it'd help for FS11...You guys rock!!!

Dean Mountford
Ultimate VFR

Look up Dennis Thompson in the Avsim library.You might find some what you are looking for regarding timezones.Craig

Guest Daveje

Never discovered...

>Look up Dennis Thompson in the Avsim library.>>You might find some what you are looking for regarding>timezones.>>CraigThanks Craig, yeah he has a forum set up at yahoo groups... I'll see if I can look it up...Here's the link to the group...http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/FSTimeZones/:)Tdragger or Pixelpoke, not sure if you've spoken with Dennis, but he might be able to help...

Dean Mountford
Ultimate VFR

Guest skruer

I think the idea is that 'Dennis' or whoever gets the SDK will be able to make an add-on. It's not meant to part of an official release. It will be a bug which the community can fix.