Sign in to follow this  
=Hollywood=

The default Cessna 172 in FSX

All right... would the default Cessna 172 get a facelift in FSX?It had stayed pretty much the same since FS2002 I think.When many vintage GA airplanes where added in FS9. most of them very nicely done, the previous airplanes were left as isI rarely fly the Cessna 172 anymore. But I get to see it almost everytime I start my FS9 since I usually start with the default. Hence my Q. Would the default Cessna 172 get a facelift in FSX?:)MAnnyPS: IT would be nice if its (172S - 180HP) done with some real super smooth guages (Realair kind). It would be good for IFR practice.PS2: Its also important that the Cessna 172S looks good.. cause its for first impression. A Newbie almost 99% gets to fly the default for the first time (I think). A real nice eye candy 172S with good sound and awesome guage is a must. I think its one of the low hanging fruit to implement. (even though there there is a nice F1 payware..many don't get to see it)

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

It would be great to see wheelpants added to the default 172 as well....-JohnEdit: Anyone notice the aircraft casting shadows on itself :)

We are getting new models, and the models which needed work are getting work. I think just referencing the 747 in some of the vids and shots shows it got major work, looks very good now.Hornit

There are tons of shots of the new Cessna, much more detailed visual model, flight dynamics and interior cockpit shots are yet to be seen. But I like what I see so far!-Scott

>Edit: Anyone notice the aircraft casting shadows on itself>:)Actually that's a new feature of FSX... In the menu options aircraft casts shadows on self is an option to turn on or off ;)

Dean Mountford
Ultimate VFR

"Actually that's a new feature of FSX... In the menu options aircraft casts shadows on self is an option to turn on or off ;)"I know, that's why I asked if anyone noticed...-John

>Ahh, but has anyone understood what that droopy left flap was>all about? Bird strike? Linkage failure?Buggy animation according to tdragger :) I hope we have random control surface failures though, that would be cool (not that they happen all the time in real life, but it should keep things interesting in the game anyways...)-Scott