Sign in to follow this  
adrianolst

Chaseplane stopped working

Hello! I just started up P3D to take a flight, but chaseplane didn't work! It was not connected to the sim, and the top corner was red.... Anybody that can help? Solutions by other people in the forum doesn't help and chaseplane is a must have for me! Can the fact that i'm still on P3D v3.4 be the reason?

Hi adrian. I have the same issue. Chaseplane has not worked since last week. It all started for me when I updated to the latest version(by accident) , and I noticed Windows also updating.

Since then, When I start P3Dv4.4, CP no longer auto Launch despite auto launch highlighted. I can start manually, and for a few minutes It may work. But eventually, it stops responding. If I close CP, then try and restart CP, there is no activity and restart is not possible. I uninstalled and reinstalled, and this made no difference. After a reboot, CP opens manually, but again, soon dies. It is like once before when this happened and CP was "off the air".

OK, Looks like back to Ezy until this can be sorted out.

Geoff Bryce

1 hour ago, por930 said:

Hi adrian. I have the same issue. Chaseplane has not worked since last week. It all started for me when I updated to the latest version(by accident) , and I noticed Windows also updating.

Since then, When I start P3Dv4.4, CP no longer auto Launch despite auto launch highlighted. I can start manually, and for a few minutes It may work. But eventually, it stops responding. If I close CP, then try and restart CP, there is no activity and restart is not possible. I uninstalled and reinstalled, and this made no difference. After a reboot, CP opens manually, but again, soon dies. It is like once before when this happened and CP was "off the air".

OK, Looks like back to Ezy until this can be sorted out.

Hi! I figured it out! I ran the setup.exe for P3D and clicked repair! That fixed the problem

12 hours ago, adrianolst said:

Hi! I figured it out! I ran the setup.exe for P3D and clicked repair! That fixed the problem

Are you saying the fault, in your situation,  lay with P3D itself and not Oldprop/ChasePlane?

I looked for 'setup.exe', but not really sure which one for what program. 

Ummm, ok, if for P3D, not found. Maybe I will uninstall P3D client and cont, turn off anti-virus system, reload P3D client and cont and see if setup re-appears.

ok, Saw when I reinstalled P3Dv4.4 client, and you start the update (or in my case reload legacy client) process, the process will ask you to Repair or Remove.

Also, when you click the Prepar3D v$ xx Client entry in the Uninstall or change a program area, it will give you the choice of Uninstall or Repair.

Edited by por930
LATER FIND...

Geoff Bryce

4 hours ago, por930 said:

Are you saying the fault, in your situation,  lay with P3D itself and not Oldprop/ChasePlane?

I looked for 'setup.exe', but not really sure which one for what program. 

Ummm, ok, if for P3D, not found. Maybe I will uninstall P3D client and cont, turn off anti-virus system, reload P3D client and cont and see if setup re-appears.

ok, Saw when I reinstalled P3Dv4.4 client, and you start the update (or in my case reload legacy client) process, the process will ask you to Repair or Remove.

Also, when you click the Prepar3D v$ xx Client entry in the Uninstall or change a program area, it will give you the choice of Uninstall or Repair.

I have CP working. Not sure which action fixed it. I uninstalled CP. I made sure that EZCA was uninstalled. I uninstalled and reinstalled P3Dv4.4. Client only. Rebooted machine. Reinstalled CP. It said there was a corruption it had repaired and needed to restart. I ticked most of the Preferences.  I rebooted machine. Went into add programs and "repaired" P3D in case this helped. Started P3D. CP auto launched. and found the a/c straight away....

So, CP is back again. Not sure what caused all this, but I can resume my QFA9 trip in the QW 787.  

Edited by por930

Geoff Bryce

I had the same problem. ChasePlane would not connect to flight and active sim icon was P3D v5 while I use v4.

Then noticed my Migration Tool, which I use for installing FSX sceneries into P3D, was active. After deactivation (not deinstallation) my ChasePlane for P3D v4 is working again and connects to my flight. The active sim icon is P3D v4.😀