Sign in to follow this  
MaartenZwollo

older FS-Recorder version for FSX

Hi there,

Can anybody get me on an older version of the free FS-Recorder  3.133 (12-01-2009)?

I need this one for working in P3DV4 and I can't find it on internet.

Thanks in advance,

Maarten Zwollo

m(DOT)zwollo(at)hccnet(DOT)nl

Edited by charliearon
fixed email to prevent spam

There is a version 1.3 from 2007 in the File Library.  Didn't know of one that is 3.133.   recorderfsx_1-3.zip

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

2 hours ago, MaartenZwollo said:

Hi there,

Can anybody get me on an older version of the free FS-Recorder  3.133 (12-01-2009)?

I need this one for working in P3DV4 and I can't find it on internet.

Thanks in advance,

Maarten Zwollo

m(DOT)zwollo(at)hccnet(DOT)nl

FSRecorder does not work in P3DV4.4. However the recorder included now in P3DV4.4 has been fixed, and works well, but it does not have all the Bells and Whistles the Old FSRecorder had, such as certain instruments do not track the flight, but the same is true in Xplane11, one just has to accept that, anyway I use recordings for screenshots or just to remember a few of my fav routes.  As you fly in Xplane11, it records along with your flight and if you nail the flight from takeoff to landing, you can replay the flight from virtually any point of view. 

The same can be done now with P3DV4.4, you just tell it ahead of time you want to record your flight, and try not to get nervous on candid camera trying to nail that perfect landing to show your friends.  You have to be in the moment, and do the flight as you would want youself to do it, rather than doing it to share with friends.  If you fly straight and fly right and use stick and rudder, and not too much automation, you will have saved yourself a good flight.

Today I made a good recording out of an early bad flight, for some reason my RealityXP did not want to first track my destination, my route was SFO to Reno in Xplane11's C550 but it could have been in P3DV4.  So my C550 circled and climbed out over the ocea, finally I intervened, turned off my GPS hold, used the HDG hold to hold the approx direction of 30 degrees North to Reno's airspace which I know very well, I flew there in real life often, drove there often as well, me and my two brothers were married there since they did not do invasive blood tests with your partner, which we took as some religiously unclean insult knowing our wive's so well and trusting them.

But I digress, try to use the recording function in your sim, it works now, it did not work well in P3DV4's early code, they fixed it, and I sent them a bug report on it.

John

Many Thanks John,

Sorry about given the wrong version number, I mean old FS Recorder v 1.331 which can be used to get this old version to work well in P3DV3,4.

I got this from YouTube:

I do need there four to install this older version, newer versions don't work.

This old recorder version might work in P3DV3.4 but most probably not in P3DV4.4 or P3DV4.5.

Felix

Please post it when you have success. I also miss this recorder in P3DV4.

Felix

Moderator, this topic should be moved to the appropriate forum as it its not FSX related.

Ernest Pergrem