Sign in to follow this  
flyinpilot212121

Airac update

Hello,

I’m looking to update my Airac in the FMC, is there anywhere where you can make a one time purchase to update the Airac or is this only possible as a monthly fee subscription? I don’t feel a need to stay current at all times but would like to update the FMC to something a little more current?

Thanks

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Navigraph no longer offers a one-time purchase of FMS Data updates, only subscriptions via monthly or yearly.

You can purchase single datasets from Aerosoft's NavDataPro, although the general consensus would be that it's not as popular as Navigraph. But for your needs I'm sure it would suit you just fine. 

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

Thanks, I thought I remembered years ago I was able to purchase a one time update, Thanks for clearing it up, too bad that’s not possible anymore through Navigraph.

I will go check out the aerosoft offering.

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

8 minutes ago, flyinpilot212121 said:

Thanks, I thought I remembered years ago I was able to purchase a one time update, Thanks for clearing it up, too bad that’s not possible anymore through Navigraph.

I will go check out the aerosoft offering.

believe you may buy the full Navigraph "Ultimate" monthly subscription, charts and navdata, then cancel after buying that first month

The one year package of navdata is a good value and staying up to date is important flying the detailed aircraft and using real flight plans.

Edited by Boeing or not going

Yes you can subscribe to the Monthly subscription at Navigraph and then cancel, which effectively is a one time purchase valid for a month.

Stephen O'Connell

3 hours ago, stephendoc said:

Yes you can subscribe to the Monthly subscription at Navigraph and then cancel, which effectively is a one time purchase valid for a month.

After the month is over do you lose the airac though?

26 minutes ago, flyinpilot212121 said:

After the month is over do you lose the airac though?

I wouldn't think so. You paid for it. You'll just be stuck with, say, 1905 until you decide to get a new cycle. That might matter if you regularly fly online but if your flying is mostly off-line you'll be fine.

MSI Pro Z690-A DDR4 | i5 13600KF | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | ASUS TUF RTX 3080 (12GB) | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 850EVO 500GB | 2TB Seagate HDD | Deepcool AK500 CPU Cooler | Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS | CH Yoke | Win 11 22H2 build | MSFS2020 |

Tony K.

26 minutes ago, speedyTC said:

I wouldn't think so. You paid for it. You'll just be stuck with, say, 1905 until you decide to get a new cycle. That might matter if you regularly fly online but if your flying is mostly off-line you'll be fine.

Thanks, I’ll give it a try and see what happens once the month is over, I don’t fly online so I feel a one time update everyone once in a while would serve my purpose 

10 minutes ago, Alexandre6463 said:

You won't lose it ! 

Thanks

I’ve done it that way and as others have said you don’t loose the cycle but you do loose access to charts. 

Kent

i7 4790k @4.7Ghz 32Gb DDR3 1333 RTX 2070 GPU Win10 Pro

8 hours ago, 503Kento said:

I’ve done it that way and as others have said you don’t loose the cycle but you do loose access to charts. 

Thanks,

I purchased a monthly subscription, seems to work and was easy to install. I haven’t had a chance to check out their charts yet but I’ll give them a look, I may end up keeping the subscription for the charts however it does seem relatively easy to find charts online as is.

15 hours ago, flyinpilot212121 said:

Thanks,

I purchased a monthly subscription, seems to work and was easy to install. I haven’t had a chance to check out their charts yet but I’ll give them a look, I may end up keeping the subscription for the charts however it does seem relatively easy to find charts online as is.

If you fly in America for charts go to the FAA maintained airnav.com

8 hours ago, Boeing or not going said:

If you fly in America for charts go to the FAA maintained airnav.com

Thanks, I do mostly fly in North America so I will be sure to check airnav 

MEL it and go with an old airac 🙂 

In the real world you can actually dispatch on an old airac so long as the route you are using on the old airac matches the current airac with no issues. However you get 10 days before the a/c drops dead with the expired MEL.

although most skippers I know wont accept the MEL but its perfectly legal to go with that expired airac MEL, but try telling that to a TRI/TRE and see what happens.

happened to my airline a couple of months ago, due to an admin error in engineering one of the 747s didnt get updated by mistake, we wanted to go with the MEL.  Skipper however wouldnt have any of it, so the flight got delayed 3 hours while the engineers hunted around for the disks to  update it. 

The 744 CDU still uses floppies disks to update the FMC etc etc

Edited by tooting
  • Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png