Sign in to follow this  
FlyingsCool

Somewhat OT: Flight graphics on XBOX 360

Not that it's entirely unrelated - and not that they're modeling the whole world here - but this provides a wee glimpse into the graphics of a military flight sim coming to the 360:http://screenshots.teamxbox.com/gallery/12...-G-Fighters/p1/I'm particularly impressed with the upper-left shot over the city. Note the highway overpasses and water tunnel.----Andrew

Guest Andre_Hedegaard

Just goes to show how much nicer FSX looks........

Guest PC509

>Just goes to show how much nicer FSX looks........I have to agree with you there. FSX is much better looking than that. :)

Guest Daveje

Yes that's true. The pc has better graphics ;)

The PC certainly has better graphics - At least, when the image is frozen ;)In actuality, yes, the PC has better graphics. After all, the XBOX 360 isn't even the cost of a middle-of-the-road video card...Which says something about how good the graphics actually are for what you get.Now, if one could load up Flight Simulator for the Xbox 360 and play it on a 40" high-def tv, stutter-free? (Emphasis on stutter-free)I think that would be a pretty good experience.Without knowing if it's even possible to do Flight Simulator on XBOX, I can say that I'd love to see it. It would be nice not to have to tweak, just knowing everything is maxed and running well.Andrew

Guest JeanLuc_

I'd love too as well! But I rather have the "3D world" part of FS only ported to XBOX 360, just for displaying the outside view on a 40" + screen, with a terrain/wx rendering fine tuned to the XBOX 360 hardware (stutter free and such), and then have the XBOX 360 over WIFI connected to a "server" FSX on which I run full screen the panel only :-)