Sign in to follow this  
kutyafal

New user, quick observation and suggestion

Hello Oliver, great product so far but I was wondering what is the reason behind keeping the window fixed size? Now some of the tabs are hidden by default (the important backup for example) and for users with bigger monitors it would help to be able to enlarge the window and remember it's size. You can always restrict the minimum size to the current one. I think it would help the usability. Thanks for the great tool!

Some more:

- Also, a quick help popup or hovertip on the meaning of the different colors would help for those who don't use it often

Edited by kutyafal

1 hour ago, kutyafal said:

what is the reason behind keeping the window fixed size

When you start out with an app using fixed sizes, when you reach a certain complexity there is no turning back. Reworking the dialog window now, using variable sizing for all controls, is just too much of an effort to be invested in a freeware app. Basically the same applies for tooltipps or other advanced user interaction help/tools.

This may sound strange, but I made this app for my personal use. Don't quite remember who talked me into sharing it with the community. But I only have so much time left to work for free, sorry.

Best regards

• Like 1

LORBY-SI

I'd make a contribution for it Oliver as I find it invaluable...

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

28 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

I'd make a contribution for it Oliver as I find it invaluable...

Add me to it as well.