Sign in to follow this  
Guest grapesh

Realistic ATC

with radar contact, you have atc at every airport, every hour of every day, from departure to arrival.;-)jd

i decided to get out of my forum, and check out the rest of the world. this thread caught my attention.how are you doing? might need another atlanta get-together, heh?jd

I've never actually used Radar Contact but I doubt its got Heathrow, or for that matter UK procedures and phraseology spot on... The day I hear a piece of software say: "BAW227 land after the VC10, runway 27L" I'll know people are starting to take note :-D . Still I have no objections to improvements on the inbuilt ATC, if FS9 had Radar Contact built in I wouldn't "female dog" so much about it...

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

we do have heathrow, and we have many (not all) of the international phraseologies implemented (thanks to a uk atc professional). we do transition altitudes, levels, etc.for instance you won't hear rc say "taxi into position and hold" in non - USA airports. it is "line up and wait"you'll hear decimal not pointyou'll hear climb FL70 not climb and maintain FL70the list goes on and on.but this is an FSX forum. check out our forum at http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=show_topics&forum=135jd

Guest grapesh

For me, realistic ATC starts with realistic behavior of AI traffic, such as flight plans instead of great circle paths for both VFR and IFR AI. Flight plan generation based on Jeppesen data is quite feasible. Also, adding a little bit of intellect to AI pilots, just a primitive accident avoidance and some navigation/weather decision-making, will help improve the realsim of our virtual sky...=S.V.=