Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

Drzewiecki Design releases Chicago!

Another FPS killer. Will pass.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Ed, apparently you really should try it first. Obviously the goal is to make it visually look like an fps-killer, so don't be fooled by the look only. 😊

For those who happen to have issues with KCGX elevation here is the quick fix (will be implemented in v1.1):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5bgznm0nrllq2bu/CVX_CHI_Mesh.BGL?dl=1

The file should go here:
FS\Addon Scenery\Chicago X\Scenery

Just to be clear, as one who has purchased Washington X, New York Airports, and the Seattle City and Airports from DD, these sceneries are not framerate killers at all, relative to the enhancement they provide. I have a fairly modest system in today's market (4790K CPU and GTX 1070 GPU), and I can keep a pretty steady 30 fps with these sceneries with most P3D sliders at pretty high settings. And these are definitely worth adjusting a slider or two to the left if that will allow you to run them well. They are fantastic additions, and I can't wait for the Chicago airports to be released!

Rich

• Upvote 3

How do the rail yards around Midway and OHare look??? The default rail yard renderings always look atrocious.  I always thought they should put static train cars in such areas.

i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz, ASUS Z170-PRO GAMING, 32GB DDR4 2666MHz, 750W EVGA SuperNOVA, 512GB Samsung 960 PRO, 1TB Western Digital - Black Edition
RTX 2080Ti (MSI trio), Corsair H115i - 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler

Are there any pics of ORD that you can share at this point?

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

Ok cool.  That is what I figured or else we would have seen something.  Just thought I might have missed it.

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

Is there a list somewhere of what airports will be included in the upcoming airports project?  From what I've seen, it sounds like KMDW, KORD and KPWK are definite, but are there any others?

Thanks,

Scott

53 minutes ago, tttocs said:

Is there a list somewhere of what airports will be included in the upcoming airports project?  From what I've seen, it sounds like KMDW, KORD and KPWK are definite, but are there any others?

Thanks,

Scott

This is pretty much what I remember. I was slightly disappointed to hear Rockford would not be included. It's pretty big for UPS, and I don';t think this airport was ever developed in anymore than basic freeware detail. Though I understand it's perhaps a little far away from Chicago and isn't part of the coverage area of the Chicago City X release.

At any rate, Chicago Airports should be released "a little bit later" according to DD's earlier post in this thread. So hopefully the wait will not be too long.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

22 minutes ago, Benjamin J said:

This is pretty much what I remember. I was slightly disappointed to hear Rockford would not be included. It's pretty big for UPS, and I don';t think this airport was ever developed in anymore than basic freeware detail. Though I understand it's perhaps a little far away from Chicago and isn't part of the coverage area of the Chicago City X release.

At any rate, Chicago Airports should be released "a little bit later" according to DD's earlier post in this thread. So hopefully the wait will not be too long.

I've learned over the years "a little later" can mean weeks, months, or years!  Think about the other ORD being developed.  In early 2017, they said it would be released in 2018 and here we are in Q2 of 2018 already.  These projects take time and ORD is huge and changing every day almost... I can image how difficult it is.  At this point we don't know what time they are making ORD or how much progress they have made.  We shall wait and see!

2 hours ago, Benjamin J said:

While Rockford would've been nice, its definitely outside the Chicagoland area.  For my part, I was kinda hoping for KDPA and maybe KARR.

Greedy bunch, ain't we?  😁

Scott

5 minutes ago, tttocs said:

While Rockford would've been nice, its definitely outside the Chicagoland area.  For my part, I was kinda hoping for KDPA and maybe KARR.

Greedy bunch, ain't we?  😁

Scott

Hehe, I do think so sometimes! 😝

Makes me think... Maybe I ought to just do Rockland myself 😉 But I ought to finish KCHA first, haha!

Also, I just did a quick GA flight from KMDW to KORD. FPS really isn't that bad as some people might think. The biggest FPS hog in the area certainly is FSDT's KORD. I'm hoping DD's KORD will be a little easier on the frames (not to mention as up-to-date as it can be!), same for KMDW. I've been planning KATL-KMDW for a while now and never got around to doing it. Once DD releases their airports, I'll probably finally do it. That should be the real test with respect to the performance.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Is anyone using the city scenery with Fly Tampa Midway? Just wondering if there are any conflicts. 

Edited by Wise87

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

35 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

Is anyone using the city scenery with Fly Tampa Midway? Just wondering if there are any conflicts. 

No problem I can see, works well. Just don't install KMDW when you run the installer.

• Like 1