ErichB

Drzewiecki Design releases Chicago!

Not sure why this was moved to the Bargain Hunter forum.  It's not a reduced item - it's a new release announcement.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, ErichB said:

https://fselite.net/news/drzewiecki-design-releases-chicago-city-x/

Now all we need is O'Hare to make this a bumper week of releases for P3D. @virtuali 🙂

I don't see FSDT releasing KORD anytime soon.  Their working on PBR for GSX2 which seems to be priority for them followed by KORD. Beside we just had KMSY, KLAS and SEQM drop recently. I'm sure that gives FSDT breathing room while users save up for the next scenery.  

As far as Chicago City goes. I'm interested in how it will perform. Their KSEA is pretty frame rate friendly, just a pain to install. DD scenery at least for some of us always has elevation issues.  

Edited by Wise87

2 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

I don't see FSDT releasing KORD anytime soon.  Their working on PBR for GSX2 which seems to be priority for them followed by KORD. Beside we just had KMSY, KLAS and SEQM drop recently. I'm sure that gives FSDT breathing room while users save up for the next scenery.  

I don't see it happening either.  

1 hour ago, ErichB said:

Not sure why this was moved to the Bargain Hunter forum.  It's not a reduced item - it's a new release announcement.

+1

sometimes I don’t get some moderator‘s logic. Luckily I found a trace of this move on the P3D Forum, otherwise I would have missed it because I never visit the Bargain Hunter forum, I didn‘t even know it existed.

Jean-Jacques

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Hey all,

Another release I've personally been waiting for. I'm a big fan of DD's city sceneries, and will definitely be getting it. It doesn't seem like they have released Chicago airports at this point, but I'd assume it's incoming.

link removed.

I'm about 95% sure I'll buy Chicago City within the coming days. It seems to be highly complete, including many of the towers that are currently being constructed around the lakefront area. I'm very tempted to get their Airports as well, whenever these are released. Of course we have FT's KMDW, which I love, and FSDT has KORD incoming. That said, I don't trust that I'll be able to run FSDT's KORD too well - given DD's KSEA, I have significantly more trust that I could run DD's KORD without too much hassle. I might just swap out their KMDW with FT's, depending on how good DD's looks. I remember from their last screenshots it looked a little too 'clean', perhaps?

Anyway, if anybody does get the city and the airports (whenever those are released), let us know what you think!

Edited by Jim Young
Link to store remove; link to product is better.
  • Like 1

Ben, every time you post release news I seem to end up spending money...

• Like 2

Anyone bought it and tested with ORBX Meigs Field? I did and I get some mesh elevation problems. I have posted also on DD forum but still haven't got an answer.

Hey.

The Airports pack will come a little bit later.

Yes, there will be a way to install only selected airports, just like it was in Seattle. :)

• Like 3

Guys, that was my mistake. I was doing a bit of cleanup and moved this topic in error. It's now back where it was.

Thanks for letting us know.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrzewieckiDesign said:

Hey.

The Airports pack will come a little bit later.

Yes, there will be a way to install only selected airports, just like it was in Seattle. :)

Looking forward to it!

Already settle don the next city you may look into, hmm? 😉 My vote goes to SF... just in case you want to know 😇

Wow, this is awesome news.  I live in Chicago, so I've been waiting for this for a while.  I hope the airports come out soon as well.  What a week.  This, and tomorrow Environment Force comes out.  Woo hooo

• Upvote 1

My vote goes to Denver plz. Will he buying this as soon as I get an Ohare 🙂

• Like 1

Before we go to the next city we need to do some updates (and X-Plane releases) but yes, we pretty much know what is going to be next. 😏

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 188AHC said:

Guys, that was my mistake. I was doing a bit of cleanup and moved this topic in error. It's now back where it was.

Thanks for letting us know.

Thank you.  Now I understand.  You see, I thought that moderators were perfect and didn't realize they could make mistakes like most of us.  Makes me feel better 😊

Have a good day my friend,

Jean-Jacques

Another FPS killer. Will pass.

Cheers, Ed

Ed, apparently you really should try it first. Obviously the goal is to make it visually look like an fps-killer, so don't be fooled by the look only. 😊

For those who happen to have issues with KCGX elevation here is the quick fix (will be implemented in v1.1):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5bgznm0nrllq2bu/CVX_CHI_Mesh.BGL?dl=1

The file should go here:
FS\Addon Scenery\Chicago X\Scenery

Just to be clear, as one who has purchased Washington X, New York Airports, and the Seattle City and Airports from DD, these sceneries are not framerate killers at all, relative to the enhancement they provide. I have a fairly modest system in today's market (4790K CPU and GTX 1070 GPU), and I can keep a pretty steady 30 fps with these sceneries with most P3D sliders at pretty high settings. And these are definitely worth adjusting a slider or two to the left if that will allow you to run them well. They are fantastic additions, and I can't wait for the Chicago airports to be released!

Rich

• Upvote 3

How do the rail yards around Midway and OHare look??? The default rail yard renderings always look atrocious.  I always thought they should put static train cars in such areas.

Are there any pics of ORD that you can share at this point?

Posted (edited)

Negative, not yet I am afraid. You need to wait a little bit more.

Fully agree about the static trains.

Edited by DrzewieckiDesign

Ok cool.  That is what I figured or else we would have seen something.  Just thought I might have missed it.

Is there a list somewhere of what airports will be included in the upcoming airports project?  From what I've seen, it sounds like KMDW, KORD and KPWK are definite, but are there any others?

Thanks,

Scott

53 minutes ago, tttocs said:

Is there a list somewhere of what airports will be included in the upcoming airports project?  From what I've seen, it sounds like KMDW, KORD and KPWK are definite, but are there any others?

Thanks,

Scott

This is pretty much what I remember. I was slightly disappointed to hear Rockford would not be included. It's pretty big for UPS, and I don';t think this airport was ever developed in anymore than basic freeware detail. Though I understand it's perhaps a little far away from Chicago and isn't part of the coverage area of the Chicago City X release.

At any rate, Chicago Airports should be released "a little bit later" according to DD's earlier post in this thread. So hopefully the wait will not be too long.

22 minutes ago, Benjamin J said:

This is pretty much what I remember. I was slightly disappointed to hear Rockford would not be included. It's pretty big for UPS, and I don';t think this airport was ever developed in anymore than basic freeware detail. Though I understand it's perhaps a little far away from Chicago and isn't part of the coverage area of the Chicago City X release.

At any rate, Chicago Airports should be released "a little bit later" according to DD's earlier post in this thread. So hopefully the wait will not be too long.

I've learned over the years "a little later" can mean weeks, months, or years!  Think about the other ORD being developed.  In early 2017, they said it would be released in 2018 and here we are in Q2 of 2018 already.  These projects take time and ORD is huge and changing every day almost... I can image how difficult it is.  At this point we don't know what time they are making ORD or how much progress they have made.  We shall wait and see!