Sign in to follow this  
G-RFRY

Latest Nivdia Drivers Problem.

Downloaded 430.53 from the Guru site, did the install, it seemingly worked. Then I open GeForce Experience and it says I have 419.72 installed. I go back to the temp folder to see what I downloaded, it was 430.53.

What gives?

What does GPU-Z say? I've never bothered with GF Experience.

Cheers!

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

1 hour ago, mtr75 said:

Downloaded 430.53 from the Guru site, did the install, it seemingly worked. Then I open GeForce Experience and it says I have 419.72 installed. I go back to the temp folder to see what I downloaded, it was 430.53.

What gives?

1 hour ago, Luke said:

Cheers!

I never install or use GeForce Experience either, and also verify versions and performance data with GPU-Z which is nearly an indispensable tool. 

Kindest regards,

Spirit Flyer 

Stephen :cool:

Edited by SpiritFlyer

I use NVSlimmer to strip away all the bloatware in nVidia drivers.  The app is easy to use and allows the customization of nVidia's "supplements" by the end user.  I use P3Dv4, so all I need is the driver package and core... it's all very easy to configure based upon what one needs on their system.

http://m.majorgeeks.com/files/details/nvslimmer.html

Greg

3 hours ago, Luke said:

Cheers!

So I noticed the driver download says "international" at the end:

430.53-desktop-notebook-win10-64bit-international.hf.exe

I redownloaded and went to install and it says "this driver is not compatible with this version of Windows" or some such thing.

Now it's getting very interesting. I went into safe mode, used DDU to remove the driver, the computer restarted, for the first 30 seconds GPU-Z tells me driver version 0.0, which is obvious because the screen resolution is from 1985. And then 30 seconds later, there's a flash, the screen returns to normal, and GPU-Z detects driver 419.72.

So it's apparently now reinstalling itself whenever I delete it. I'm regretting this. AGAIN.

Got 430.53 working. Didn't really notice much difference, perhaps a slight increase in FPS. ?? Who knows.

Now on 430.64 due to a severe security flaw in Nvidia GTX and RTX Drivers Software, check out the post on TomsHardware. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg