Sign in to follow this  
helberger

New Install problem

Hi  all,

I just went through a hardware upgrade, switch to Windows 10, and re-installing everything, what a pain.

Anyway I started with ORBX LC installs and not much else so far. I used the Addon Organizer before upgrade with no issues and after some ORBX

LC setups, went ahead and installed Addon Organizer 1.40 for P3D v4.5 . Something went wrong and all my Scenery entries are Pink even the default P3D sceneries .

The sim works OK, but I noticed a few anomalies . The pink entries indicate wrong path but how can I fix this.

When I first  installed P3D v4.5 It did not install to the folder I wanted, so I just moved everything into the folder of my choice, like D:\LM\P3D.

I get no registry errors and the sim works OK. I don't want to proceed until this is fixed if possible.

Here is a picture:https://imgur.com/QN9KQ4p

Sorry for the long post.

Edited by helberger
Added a link

My System: Intel 9700K 4.7Gz, ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHZ, Evga 3070TI  8GB, Noctua NH-D15S, Gigabyte 27" Monitor, Windows 10 64bit, 2xSamsung 500GB SSD, 1x Samsung 120GB, 1x Samsung 970, 1TB, 1TB H/D for Storage.

Helmut Berger

Hi,

From the sound of it, you just physically moved the Prepar3d folder to a different location? You should NEVER do that. Uninstall, and reinstall in the proper location. Or better still, let it install where it defaults to - that is the only path that the developer of the software will have tested.

If that is what you did, the installation path for P3D in the registry is wrong (it still points to the old location), and that is why P4AO can't locate the sceneries. P4AO tries to resolve the relative path references to absolute ones, using the P3D registry entry "SetupPath", and that obviously fails. So for P4AO these sceneries are invisible - and your simulator is invisible to all applications and installers that rely on the registry. 

Best regards

LORBY-SI

20 hours ago, helberger said:

Hi  all,

I just went through a hardware upgrade, switch to Windows 10, and re-installing everything, what a pain.

Anyway I started with ORBX LC installs and not much else so far. I used the Addon Organizer before upgrade with no issues and after some ORBX

LC setups, went ahead and installed Addon Organizer 1.40 for P3D v4.5 . Something went wrong and all my Scenery entries are Pink even the default P3D sceneries .

The sim works OK, but I noticed a few anomalies . The pink entries indicate wrong path but how can I fix this.

When I first  installed P3D v4.5 It did not install to the folder I wanted, so I just moved everything into the folder of my choice, like D:\LM\P3D.

I get no registry errors and the sim works OK. I don't want to proceed until this is fixed if possible.

Sorry for the long post.

1 hour ago, Lorby_SI said:

Hi,

From the sound of it, you just physically moved the Prepar3d folder to a different location? You should NEVER do that. Uninstall, and reinstall in the proper location. Or better still, let it install where it defaults to - that is the only path that the developer of the software will have tested.

If that is what you did, the installation path for P3D in the registry is wrong (it still points to the old location), and that is why P4AO can't locate the sceneries. P4AO tries to resolve the relative path references to absolute ones, using the P3D registry entry "SetupPath", and that obviously fails. So for P4AO these sceneries are invisible - and your simulator is invisible to all applications and installers that rely on the registry. 

Best regards

Hi thanks for your reply, my folder for P3D v4.5 is D:\LM\P3D and that path is also listed in the Registry File.

Anything I have installed so far did not give me any error messages about a wrong registry.Everything I installed so far is working OK, no

error messages, so I don't understand. OK, I guess I will have start over to be save.

Thanks for your help.

My P3D install path is D:\LM\p3d and it is listed as such  in the Registry file

My System: Intel 9700K 4.7Gz, ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHZ, Evga 3070TI  8GB, Noctua NH-D15S, Gigabyte 27" Monitor, Windows 10 64bit, 2xSamsung 500GB SSD, 1x Samsung 120GB, 1x Samsung 970, 1TB, 1TB H/D for Storage.

Helmut Berger

1 hour ago, helberger said:

My P3D install path is D:\LM\p3d and it is listed as such  in the Registry file

The registry key that P4AO reads is this one:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\Software\\Lockheed Martin\\Prepar3D v4\\SetupPath

Does it exist on your computer and where does it point to?

Best regards

LORBY-SI

1 hour ago, Lorby_SI said:

The registry key that P4AO reads is this one:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\Software\\Lockheed Martin\\Prepar3D v4\\SetupPath

Does it exist on your computer and where does it point to?

Best regards

Hi Lorby,

Thanks for helping me here. I have had some success by running a Repair on the complete bkup from LM for P3Dv4.5 and now all

default entries in P4AO show up in green. I had uninstalled all ORBX stuff and so far have only reinstalled the FTX Global Base and Orbx Libraries.

The Orbx stuff still shows up in P4AO as pink?????

The registry key for P4AO does exist in my Registry and it points to D:\LM

My complete path to P3D is D:\LM\P3D

Do I now change this key to pint to the correct path?????

Thanks

Helmut Berger

4 hours ago, helberger said:

Hi Lorby,

Thanks for helping me here. I have had some success by running a Repair on the complete bkup from LM for P3Dv4.5 and now all

default entries in P4AO show up in green. I had uninstalled all ORBX stuff and so far have only reinstalled the FTX Global Base and Orbx Libraries.

The Orbx stuff still shows up in P4AO as pink?????

The registry key for P4AO does exist in my Registry and it points to D:\LM

My complete path to P3D is D:\LM\P3D

Do I now change this key to pint to the correct path?????

Thanks

Hi Lorby,

I fixed the registry entry to the correct path of P3D and now everything is green in P4AO.

Thanks for your great help and support.

Helmut Berger