Sign in to follow this  
whamil77

Carenado Turbo Commander Mod v6.0

Hey anyone,

Just purchased the Carenado 690B Turbo Commander in this year's Christmas sale.

And now looking for the mod.

Can anyone help ?

The author seems to not be receiving PMs

Cheers

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

On 12/17/2021 at 4:54 PM, Rogen said:

Hey anyone,

Just purchased the Carenado 690B Turbo Commander in this year's Christmas sale.

And now looking for the mod.

Can anyone help ?

The author seems to not be receiving PMs

Cheers

I have the 6.1 mod if you're still interested.

Win10Pro 22H2-19045.4123/IntelCorei7-3770K/GigabyteGA-Z68XP-UD3/32GBGSkillCL7-8-8-24/AsusRTX2070OC8GB/1TBCrucialMX500SSD/2 TB PNY CS900/(x3)1TBRAWMushkinSSDs/LGBlueRayBurner/RosewillChallengerTowerBlack/CorsairRM750wPSU/X56HOTAS/TtesportsCommanderKeyboardMousecombo/TrackIR5Pro/34inUltraWideScreenLG2560x1080p/TM2xMFDCougar/OculusQuest2/InateckKU5211PCIe3.2/LTERIVERPCIeG2S4/TMobileHomeInternet5G

MSI Codex Series R2 B14NUC7-095US/Windows 11 Home 22H2 22631.3235/i7 14700F/MSI Pro B760 VC Wifi/RTX 4060ti/32GB DDR5 5600mhz/650w Gold PSU

On 3/3/2022 at 4:41 PM, udidwht said:

I have the 6.1 mod if you're still interested.

Thanks very much, another simmer also offered.

I did notice quite a lot of issues in 6.1 though.

Looks to be mostly regressions, e.g. from simple spelling and grammar mistakes in gauges that's shown correctly in the manual, to many gauge faults and some model faults.

For example the presurisation gauge is barfed.

Would that be the case with the 6.1 release you have ?

Cheers

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

Unsure. I've not had the mod installed only the default.

Win10Pro 22H2-19045.4123/IntelCorei7-3770K/GigabyteGA-Z68XP-UD3/32GBGSkillCL7-8-8-24/AsusRTX2070OC8GB/1TBCrucialMX500SSD/2 TB PNY CS900/(x3)1TBRAWMushkinSSDs/LGBlueRayBurner/RosewillChallengerTowerBlack/CorsairRM750wPSU/X56HOTAS/TtesportsCommanderKeyboardMousecombo/TrackIR5Pro/34inUltraWideScreenLG2560x1080p/TM2xMFDCougar/OculusQuest2/InateckKU5211PCIe3.2/LTERIVERPCIeG2S4/TMobileHomeInternet5G

MSI Codex Series R2 B14NUC7-095US/Windows 11 Home 22H2 22631.3235/i7 14700F/MSI Pro B760 VC Wifi/RTX 4060ti/32GB DDR5 5600mhz/650w Gold PSU

On 3/16/2022 at 10:02 AM, udidwht said:

Unsure. I've not had the mod installed only the default.

Ok then, would you happen to have the last version 5 released ?

Basically so I can compare the 2 and see what regressed in the v6.1

I just bought P3D V5.3 and tried to put MOD 6.0 in but having some problems.  It is asking for the XML tool but because I didn’t have P3D V4 installed it will not work for me.  I tried the tool for FSX but that doesn’t work.  I can’t find an XML tool for P3D V5.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Dick

On 4/19/2022 at 4:09 AM, bigsky10 said:

I just bought P3D V5.3 and tried to put MOD 6.0 in but having some problems.  It is asking for the XML tool but because I didn’t have P3D V4 installed it will not work for me.  I tried the tool for FSX but that doesn’t work.  I can’t find an XML tool for P3D V5.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Dick

The below URL will get you all the versions of xmltools.

https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/resources/authors/taguilo.1802/

The one you need is the P3D v4 because it is x64 (64 bit) as is P3D v5.

Once you've downloaded the XMLTools64.zip right click on the zip file and check its properties, if it is marked as "Blocked" unblock it.

In it you'll find an installer and an XMLTools.dll

Forget about the installer, it was built prior to P3Dv5 and doesn't know about it.

In the Prepar3D v5 installation folder create a new folder named "Modules".

Copy the XMLTools.dll into the newly created "Modules" folder.

Next you'll need to edit the P3D v5 dll.xml file which is located in the following path.

%APPDATA%

\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5

Make a copy of the dll.xml first (as a backup - I usually append an iso date to the name) and if you're not seeing the .xml extension (or other extensions) enable the File Name Extensions checkbox in the Windows Explorer View Tab.

The dll.xml is a text based xml file and should be opened in a text editor like notepad, I use Notepad++

Add the following entry into your P3Dv5 dll.xml file and save

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>XMLTools64</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>.\Modules\XMLTools64.dll</Path>
    <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
    <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
  </Launch.Addon>

When added it needs to be above the </SimBase.Document> ending tag and below the closing tag of the previous entry.

Meaning you would typically see it as foillows.

</Launch.Addon> (the previous entry's closing tag)
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>XMLTools64</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>.\Modules\XMLTools64.dll</Path>
    <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
    <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
  </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document> (the dll.xml file's ending tag)

That's it.

With the above configured any aircraft needing xmltools functionality will have it.

Cheers

Thanks Rogen. I'll give that a try. Good explanation. If I can't get it I will let you know.

Thanks again

Dick

Rogan,

Thanks for the help. I followed the instructions and it seemed to work good on the first flight. I will watch it and see what it does.  I have a Carenado B350 with a MOD so now can install it and see how it works.  Thanks again

Dick

On 4/24/2022 at 2:14 PM, bigsky10 said:

Rogan,

Thanks for the help. I followed the instructions and it seemed to work good on the first flight. I will watch it and see what it does.  I have a Carenado B350 with a MOD so now can install it and see how it works.  Thanks again

Dick

No probs, happy to help.

I've version 6.1 of the mod, which seemed to have a  lot of problems, looked like regressions mostly, e.g the manual shows a pic of correct spelling in a gauge but the mod itself has incorrect spelling in the gauge.

I've been working through it correcting what I can.

You mentioned a B350 mod ?

What is it ?

Cheers

He did a MOD on the King Air B350i (Blackhawk-67A) flew great in FSX I am going to work on it for P3D It Takes the XML Tool also . I have it if you want it.  Send Email and I will send it to you. I think I might go back to v6 or 5 on the 690B

Thanks for the help..Dick

I had to reinstall P3D so just got most everything working I think. I was about to work on the dll again when I could not find the P3D v5 dll.xml in

%APPDATA%

On 4/26/2022 at 1:50 PM, bigsky10 said:

I had to reinstall P3D so just got most everything working I think. I was about to work on the dll again when I could not find the P3D v5 dll.xml in

%APPDATA%

%APPDATA% in Windows Explorer will open the \Roaming\ folder, and in it will be \Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\ and in that should be the dll.xml.

But if it is not there try C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\ as there should be a default one in there which you can copy to the %APPDATA% blab blah path and configure.

Cheers

Thanks, Rogen.  I have P3D installed in D: drive so I hunt around.

Dick