Sign in to follow this  
whamil77

Carenado Turbo Commander Mod v6.0

Hi Bill,

Wanted to thank you for all of your personal time and effort in making your mods available for us to enjoy. I just did a short cross country flight using the GTN750 cockpit and the older auto-pilot option. All went well except for one thing--at engine shut down, I could not get the right engine control knob to the engine off position. The left engine control knob worked fine--clicked on it to the engine off position. Not sure if I am not doing something correctly or if anyone else has reported this as well. I am using P3D v. 3.4xx and Win 10 Home Edition.

Again, thanks,

Raymie

6 minutes ago, raymie said:

Hi Bill,

Wanted to thank you for all of your personal time and effort in making your mods available for us to enjoy. I just did a short cross country flight using the GTN750 cockpit and the older auto-pilot option. All went well except for one thing--at engine shut down, I could not get the right engine control knob to the engine off position. The left engine control knob worked fine--clicked on it to the engine off position. Not sure if I am not doing something correctly or if anyone else has reported this as well. I am using P3D v. 3.4xx and Win 10 Home Edition.

Again, thanks,

Raymie

What exactly did the switch do?  Did it move at all to another position? 

4 hours ago, C525B said:

Hey Bill,

This is really great stuff!  I'm also really enjoying the v3 Cheyenne mods as well.  Love the attention to detail.  I'm honored that you chose to include my N690CF repaint...it's one of my favorites 😉.

I only had time for a quick test flight before bed last night, but I'm seeing something funky with the Auto Pressurization script.  It always seems to have control over the cabin alt. selector regardless of that feature's check box status.

Dave 

Dave,

I had forgotten where I got that one.  It is the one I use the most.  Hope you don't mind that I included it.  It is really a good paint.

I'll check out the pressurization code when I can. 

Bill 

Hi Bill:

Excellent work again.

I´m testing the mods 6.0 by using only the GTN model (not LITE) with the KFC-300 and AP-106 autopilots. I was not able to have the KFC-300 popup using the clickspot. The AP-106 popup is there, so I did a short flight with the GTN and the AP-106 autopilot. Something that confused me is that I did not hear any audio or light alert when I was approaching the selected altitude.

The step by step process for having the aircraft from C&D to ready to fly worked Ok, with the red button appearing during the engines start-up process. Very good!.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

15 minutes ago, edpatino said:

Something that confused me is that I did not hear any audio or light alert when I was approaching the selected altitude.

Ok, I was confused by the fact that the yellow light of ALT ALERT is very noticeable on the VC, but not too much in the 2D pop-up panel, and I was exclusively looking at the 2D pop-up panel. The AP-106 works perfectly well capturing the selected altitude automatically and the yellow light extinguishes when the desired altitude is reached. Very well done!. So, please disregard my above quoted statement, sorry!

Could you please look into the KFC-300 pop-up issue?.

Cheers, Ed

Edited by edpatino

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

41 minutes ago, whamil77 said:

Dave,

I had forgotten where I got that one.  It is the one I use the most.  Hope you don't mind that I included it.  It is really a good paint.

I'll check out the pressurization code when I can. 

Bill 

I actually don't mind...just teasing you.  I hope that everyone who receives your 690 mods gets a kick out of it as well.

I have different feelings about the guy who--just today--took one of my paints for the Premier I, converted the textures to .png for the XP11 version, then posted it on an X-Plane library claiming it as an original repaint...😐

Edited by C525B

Welp......Bad news.  This will simply not work with FSX.  All development and testing was done with P3Dv4.4.  The resulting models are beyond the scope of FSX.  I tried to re-compile them using the FSX SDK to no avail. I tried to convert the FSX version to include the details in the mod.  Still no luck.  I think there is some dividing line between the 64 bit and 32 bit versions that can't be crossed.  Anyway....very sorry.  

If you are an FSX user and discarded v5.0 please send me a PM and I will re-post v5.0 to Dropbox for you to download. 

16 minutes ago, edpatino said:

Ok, I was confused by the fact that the yellow light of ALT ALERT is very noticeable on the VC, but not too much in the 2D pop-up panel, and I was exclusively looking at the 2D pop-up panel. The AP-106 works perfectly well capturing the selected altitude automatically and the yellow light extinguishes when the desired altitude is reached. Very well done!. So, please disregard my above quoted statement, sorry!

Cheers, Ed

Ed,

I think I put the wrong autopilot folder in the mod.  I am not hearing about it from most folks because they already have the KFC 300 autopilot from the Cheyenne II.  I'm guessing you don't.  If that's the case, there is no autopilot to pop-up.  I will add this to the list of updates required.  Thanks for the feedback.

Regards,

Bill

4 minutes ago, whamil77 said:

I'm guessing you don't

No, I don´t have the Cheyenne.

Thanks, Ed

Cheers, Ed

24 minutes ago, edpatino said:

Cheers, Ed

Ed,

There probably should also be an audio alert.  It usually chimes-in about 1000 feet prior to level-off.  I remember thinking about that at some point and then getting distracted by something else.  I will add that to the list.

Bill

Just now, whamil77 said:

There probably should also be an audio alert

Yes, it should, but there´s not at the moment. I´ve tried several times reaching down and high altitudes, and the light works perfecty well, but you cannot hear that alarm/alert.

Bill, one more question, I went over the procedure described in the setup manual to set the trim up/down and autopilot disconnect controls through FSUIPC, and that´s fine. But, coincidentally, I´ve had already mapped three buttons on my joystick for the same actions for all my aircraft, so my question is if there´s any difference on the behavior of the aircraft if I use my previously programmed buttons?. My question is because you added two modules for that.

Thanks, Ed

Cheers, Ed

2 minutes ago, edpatino said:

Yes, it should, but there´s not at the moment. I´ve tried several times reaching down and high altitudes, and the light works perfecty well, but you cannot hear that alarm/alert.

Bill, one more question, I went over the procedure described in the setup manual to set the trim up/down and autopilot disconnect controls through FSUIPC, and that´s fine. But, coincidentally, I´ve had already mapped three buttons on my joystick for the same actions for all my aircraft, so my question is if there´s any difference on the behavior of the aircraft if I use my previously programmed buttons?. My question is because you added two modules for that.

Thanks, Ed

The only difference will probably be that using the electric trim may not disengage the autopilot, which happens almost universally in the RW.  The trim function and autopilot disconnect will likely work fine.

• Like 1

There is an autopilot problem that can easily be fixed by users.  It has to do with the KFC-300 autopilot.  I sent the correct folder in the mod, but when transcribing the panel files referenced the wrong folder.  I referenced the folder that contains the KFC-300 for the Cheyenne II and Cheyenne III.  Most of you have not seen a problem because you have one or the other or both Cheyennes and the 690B is using their autopilots.  Anyway.....to make the correction:

1. Go to each panel folder for the KFC-300.

2. In the "panel.cfg" file for each panel that uses the KFC-300, find every instance of "KFC_300_Autopilot!" and replace it with "KFC_300_Autopilot_690B!".

That's it. 

Regards,

Bill

2 hours ago, raymie said:

Hi Bill,

Again, thanks,

Raymie

Raymie,

I have checked a couple of times and I can't seem to duplicate that.  Next time it happens please try to remember everything you did during startup.  There are only a couple of things in the Auto Start and the Step-by-step start that could trap that switch in Run. 

Bill

I am using P3D v. 3.4xx and Win 10 Home Edition.

Again, thanks,

Raymie

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the awesome mods,

I'm wondering if Raymie might be having some issues with the mod as he is using P3D V3.4 still. Could it be a platform conflict perhaps?

Also, I am using P3D version 4.5 now. 

Do you know if this mod is compatible, as I'm Getting CTD's on screen load it seems from a conflict with VFX (oldProp) immersion manager for some reason. I'm troubleshooting now to see where it may be coming from exactly.

Cheers T  

Edited by toucanair

FAA ATP, CASA ATPL(A), MEIR, NVFR, Type Rated: A320, B747,B737, E120, B1900D/C KA350,

Multi Ratings: PA31-350, BE58, C310, PN68, PA44, BE76.

Checked out on: C210, R114, C206, PA28, C172, C152.

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-7900X CPU @ 3.30GHz (20 CPUs), ~3.3GHzMemory: 64MB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, Multi Monitor.