Sign in to follow this  
Juergen

NO ATIS INFORMATION

Hi,
As of lately I can NOT receive ATIS at any airport in any aircraft (PMDG; Aerosoft, Digital Aviation). I can tune the frequency manual or set it wit Aivlasoft's EFB2 - no green infobar and no sound.
Is there a setting that could have gotten messed up, since it used to work?
Simulator = P3Dv4.5; OS = WIN10
Thanks for help

Brgds

Juergen Mader

@Juergen can you hear ATC?

I suspect you turned off the green info msg bar and updated your graphic card drivers which moved the sound to another device (e.g. HDMI Audio). But if you hear ATC voice, then I'm wrong.

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

Hi GEK,

How does one turn OFF the green infobar? If it is in P3Dv4 Options>Information>Miscellaneous Text>MESSAGE TEXT, that is ticked ON.

Also, I can hear ATC comms

Thanks

Brgds

Juergen Mader

Show Message Log in ATC menu" in the settings. It's ShowATCText in the Prepar3D.cfg.

Make sure these settings are turned on.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

4 hours ago, charliearon said:

Show Message Log in ATC menu" in the settings. It's ShowATCText in the Prepar3D.cfg.

Make sure these settings are turned on.

"It's ShowATCText in the Prepar3D.cfg", what do you mean by this.

So I looked into the config: and "ShowATCText=1"; is this correct?

I turned on the setting "log in ATC menu" and the green infobar is scrolling across the screen. However no sound from ATIS as well as ATC. I get all aircraft and cockpit sounds through my speaker, but no ATC sound?

Any ideas

Brgds

Juergen Mader

Uh-Oh....are you using headphones for ATC?

Check your sound settings within P3D. I happens very often that Voice sounds get mapped to another sound device like Headphones or HDMI Monitor speakers or else...so try to choose the ONE sound device you would like to use.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Hi Charlie,

No headphones

The sound is mapped to my High Definition Audio Device, which are set as the default playback device. All sounds are played correctly, but no ATIS or ATC

Thanks for help

Brgds

Juergen Mader

To choose a pilot voice

On the main screen, click Settings and then click ATC.
-or-
On the Options menu, click Settings and then General.

Select the Use a Pilot Voice check box.

In the Pilot Voice list, click the voice you want to use as your pilot voice.

Just in case you haven't selected a pilot's voice.:wacko:

This was an old FSX trick and I don't know if it will apply to P3D, but you never know!

Go to Control Panel, open "Sound", click on the "Communications" tab at the top, choose the "Do Nothing" option, and click OK. Although it is probably not necessary, it might not hurt to reboot Windows after making this change so that the sound drivers pick up and use this option choice.

Charlie Aron

Charlie,

I got it! Actually the slider in the sound setting for VOICE was set to 50% but the checkbox was NOT ticked! That was it - no idea how that happened.

Thanks a lot for your help

Brgds

Juergen Mader

Charlie,

After the sound fix yesterday, I noticed that in the cruise phase and above transition altitude I get continuous callout from P3D "ALTIMETER SETTING".

Any idea whats wrong here

Thanks

Brgds

Juergen Mader