Sign in to follow this  
SledDriver

Flight1 GTN750/650 wont hold NAV course in P3D4.5

This was working perfect in 4.4, and now with 4.5 it doesn't seem to work correctly any more.

I set a route in the GTN750, turn the AP on and hit NAV and the plane totally ignores it and just continues in the previous direction.

I've spent some time on this and really can't see that I'm doing anything wrong, and it was working great in 4.4.

Has anyone else got the NAV following a route in 4.5?

I also had serious troubles when using the autopilot in combination with the GTN750 in v4.5, but I only tested the Carenado Saab SF340 so far. If I remember correctly, the autopilot finally followed the course when using "GPS", not "NAV". I guess this depends on the plane you use and how the autopilot is set up in combination with the GTN, no?

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

There is an update (version 2.10) that fixes GPS tracking - just reinstall the latest build from flight 1

I have no idea why there is not an official announcement pinned in the GTN forums with a change log for version 2.10 - sloppy/lazy/careless/assumptions gone wild, are a few thoughts that come to mind.🤯🙄

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

OK thanks. The crazy Flight1 account and download management 'system' has blx'd up again and wont let me download the 2.10 update to GTN Complete, but I eventually found a link to just the two update dlls, so I installed them.

Unfortunately, although the GPS now links to the HSI again, the navigation is very flawed.

I have written about this on the SimForums official support site here:

https://www.simforums.com/forums/topic61558_post392411.html#392411

Anyone else seeing similar?

Check what CPU Core you have the GTN assigned to.. and possibly Weather settings.. just to make sure..

Bert

Thanks to Flight1's good timely support, I have now got my hands on the full GTN Complete 2.10 installer, and with that in place, everything works perfect again.

Phew. I value my lovely GTN750!

Each little upgrade brings sim danger excitement! 🙂

Edited by SledDriver

On 5/1/2019 at 5:17 AM, Bert Pieke said:

Check what CPU Core you have the GTN assigned to.. and possibly Weather settings.. just to make sure..

Thanks for the suggestion, but the supporting GTN Complete documents suggest that it is no longer necessary to assign the cores for GTN and that indeed seems to be the case here.

2 hours ago, SledDriver said:

Thanks for the suggestion, but the supporting GTN Complete documents suggest that it is no longer necessary to assign the cores for GTN and that indeed seems to be the case here.

Happy you've got it working!

:smile:

Bert