Sign in to follow this  
dyl55

New twin engine decision

Hi all,

I use to flight with the real air duke b60 piston, but now I want to offer myself a new plane,

I'd like a twin engine similar to the Duke b60,

I hesitate between the carenado b58 and the carenado Pa34 seneca v, both are my style of plane

Any advices or recommendation ?

Thanks

Milviz  twin Comanche. 

Or they also do the Baron b55/e55 which is a little older but very good as well. 

Finally Vertx simulations (ex realair dev) da 52 Diamond. 

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

2 hours ago, dyl55 said:

Hi all,

I use to flight with the real air duke b60 piston, but now I want to offer myself a new plane,

I'd like a twin engine similar to the Duke b60,

I hesitate between the carenado b58 and the carenado Pa34 seneca v, both are my style of plane

Any advices or recommendation ?

Thanks

Milviz C310 redux or Baron.  

• Like 1

Matt Wilson

I like the MilViz Cessna 310R Redux and the Vertx DA62.  They're both very nice! :)

My recommendation would be the Alabeo C421 Golden Eagle. The Golden Eagle is very similar to the B60 Duke and it's one of Alabeo's best releases so far. Bug free, easy on the frames and flies great. 

• Like 2

Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

I have the 310R Redux and it's very nice with the modified settings.

[flight_tuning]
p_factor_on_yaw          = 1.0  //p_factor_on_yaw  = -0.3
torque_on_roll           = 1.0  //torque_on_roll   = 0.3

[GeneralEngineData]
Engine.0 = 6.5, -0.5, 0.0  //Engine.0 = 6.5, -5.8, 0.0
Engine.1 = 6.5,  0.5, 0.0  //Engine.1 = 6.5,  6.2, 0.0

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

I like the Flight1 Super King Air B200 .    Josh

• Upvote 1

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

4 hours ago, Tim-HH said:

My recommendation would be the Alabeo C421 Golden Eagle. The Golden Eagle is very similar to the B60 Duke and it's one of Alabeo's best releases so far. Bug free, easy on the frames and flies great. 

Thanks all 🙂 

I like de c421 so my choice would be now between the c421, pa34 or b58 🙂

6 hours ago, Tim-HH said:

So far the recommendations here are spot on.  I do fly the Milviz 310 Redux and B55 Baron a lot.  Both are light twins.  The RealAir Duke series is not.  So a couple of additional recommendations might be the Carenado C90B King Air, or it's successor, the C90 GTX.  Another to consider based on his expression, would be the Carenado F406 Caravan II.  Both are well enough modeled and have that feel of a larger twin.

The Carenado F406 Caravan II does sport an Aspen EFD1000 which can be a bit frustrating at times.  But it does have the solid feel of a heavier twin and a sense of throwback from the panel.  It has the greatest number of available seats for transporting friends.  I have two variants of it in use.  One with an RXP GTN 750 over an RXP GNS530v2 with a an RXP WX500 to the right.  The other has a bit more throwback to it with a stack of two RXP GNS530's flanked by the WX500.

The C90B sports an Avidyne MFD, which pairs quite nicely with a Reality XP GNS v2 430 GPS and the Avidyne can display the GNS's  flight plan on one of its screen choices, and the magenta flight plan line on it's map.  I found myself flying it more that any other heavier twin before getting sidetracked by that Realair TDv2.  I still enjoy stepping back into it as I have several custom liveries/tail #'s  I created for it.

The VC autopilots in both cases are low on the center console, so use of a pop up is likely, or a TrackIR.  I use a Saitek Multipanel with those two aircraft. 

The C90 GTX was a waste of my dollars.  I do not enjoy the panel and it has been stubborn in accepting GPS models that could provide more up-to-date NAV databases.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

1 hour ago, dyl55 said:

Thanks all 🙂 

I like de c421 so my choice would be now between the c421, pa34 or b58 🙂

The Milviz planes will have a better flight model.  The Baron is an older model but is my favorite out of the Milviz twins.  The twin Comanche lacks character IMO.

Matt Wilson

7 hours ago, Buffy Foster said:

I like the MilViz Cessna 310R Redux and the Vertx DA62.  They're both very nice! 🙂

Ditto for me.

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

6 hours ago, FPStewy said:

I have the 310R Redux and it's very nice with the modified settings.

[flight_tuning]
p_factor_on_yaw          = 1.0  //p_factor_on_yaw  = -0.3
torque_on_roll           = 1.0  //torque_on_roll   = 0.3

[GeneralEngineData]
Engine.0 = 6.5, -0.5, 0.0  //Engine.0 = 6.5, -5.8, 0.0
Engine.1 = 6.5,  0.5, 0.0  //Engine.1 = 6.5,  6.2, 0.0

Does this change become more realistic?

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

12 minutes ago, JLuis said:

While some might subjectively like changes like this,I can't imagine it makes it more realistic.  The 310R's FDE was done during a period when a key Milviz contributor owned/flew the plane used to build the model.  It was, according to that pilot, an extremely accurate representation of the real plane used as the prototype.

The 310R is, admittedly, one of the more challenging light twin sim models to fly - and that's a big part of why I enjoy it, knowing that the plane's owner believed it to be an extremely accurate simulation of his real-world plane.

Obviously highly recommended in the light twin class from me as well, but as Frank notes above it really isn't in the same class of planes as the piston Duke.  The 310R (and B55 and DA62, and...) are all light twins and the B60 is not.

Scott

• Like 3

One of favorite twin-engined planes is the Carenado B58 with the HawkDSL turbo mods (they are in the library). Hank (Henry) modified the sound files (sounds more like flying with a headset on, which would be more natural), the gauges (to account for the extra boost), and the flight model. He did not make it a "rocket ship", but instead is is an extremely well performing aircraft that enjoys high altitude. 

Highly recommended. And Ron Attwood's N8UR paint is excellent!

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

On 4/30/2019 at 6:25 PM, JLuis said:

I've said my peace on this before and I'm not going to shy away from my opinion.

Look it's an absolutely fabulous plane there is no doubt about it, the work that has gone into the redux is second to none in my humble opinion, but I've see post about people buying it and then parking it never to be flown again because of the "realistic" settings. The settings I have is what I would call - enjoyable settings and for me I'm fine with that.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD