Sign in to follow this  
dyl55

New twin engine decision

Because I don't have rudder pedals yet, the yaw on takeoff is substantial just like the real plane and hard to control, so I'm one of those that don't fly it much because of that, so until my new rig with pedals comes on line I'll try your mods FPStewy thanks for the post.

Cheers

Martin 

My fav twin engine pressurized aircraft is the Alabeo Golden Eagle, comparable in performance to the Duke, which I have.  If you want a less thirsty but almost as fast aircraft, consider the Carenado Malibu Mirage too.  It's still a six place, pressurized and flight level capable aircraft.

John

On 4/30/2019 at 10:53 PM, mpw8679 said:

The Milviz planes will have a better flight model.  

That's definitely not the case since the (ex) Milviz FDE designer is doing the Alabeo/Carenado FDEs. E.g. the 'new' Alabeo 310 has a better FDE than the 'old' Milviz 310.

Edited by FDEdev

On 4/30/2019 at 5:25 PM, FPStewy said:

I have the 310R Redux and it's very nice with the modified settings.

[flight_tuning]
p_factor_on_yaw          = 1.0  //p_factor_on_yaw  = -0.3
torque_on_roll           = 1.0  //torque_on_roll   = 0.3

[GeneralEngineData]
Engine.0 = 6.5, -0.5, 0.0  //Engine.0 = 6.5, -5.8, 0.0
Engine.1 = 6.5,  0.5, 0.0  //Engine.1 = 6.5,  6.2, 0.0

These are rather strange and contradicting changes. In the flight tuning section you trippled!!! the p-factor and torque effects (which definitely doesn't make the 310 easier to fly) and in the generel engine data section you placed the engines within the fuselage..... 

1 hour ago, FPStewy said:

Look it's an absolutely fabulous plane there is no doubt about it, the work that has gone into the redux is second to none in my humble opinion, but I've see post about people buying it and then parking it never to be flown again because of the "realistic" settings. The settings I have is what I would call - enjoyable settings and for me I'm fine with that.

Just to be clear - I was very careful in responding to the realism question to NOT criticize your efforts.  I find nothing wrong with folks tailoring things to their desires/needs if that's what they want to do.  If it puts a smile on your face that's justification enough.  If you think it'll put a smile on someone else's face, then there's also nothing wrong with sharing it.  But the question was about realism, so that's the topic I addressed.

1 hour ago, MartinRex007 said:

Because I don't have rudder pedals yet, the yaw on takeoff is substantial just like the real plane and hard to control, so I'm one of those that don't fly it much because of that, so until my new rig with pedals comes on line I'll try your mods FPStewy thanks for the post.

Indeed.  I can't imagine trying to fly this plane without a decent set of rudder pedals.  Just as it'd be almost impossible to fly the real thing that way! 🙂

Scott

Edited by tttocs

50 minutes ago, FDEdev said:

That's definitely not the case since the (ex) Milviz FDE designer is doing the Alabeo/Carenado FDEs. E.g. the 'new' Alabeo 310 has a better FDE than the 'old' Milviz 310.

I stand corrected.  Is he doing all the Alabeo/Carenado planes?

Matt Wilson

If you own the RealAir Turbine Duke or B60, the now ceased trading RealAir have been kind enough to supply new installers, including for P3D to existing customers only free of charge.

Or as mentioned about there is VertX Diamond DA-62, which is rather beautiful and flies very well. My only real criticism of this plane is tha the current initial release has limited functionality in the G1000, which although beautifully modelled graphically, has some key functions missing at this point.

I look forward to an update to this to fill in some of the gaps, after which it will be a very nice package indeed.

14 hours ago, tttocs said:

Just as it'd be almost impossible to fly the real thing that way!

I just now did a flight in the 310R and it was enjoyable to fly, but I do have to say that if the default settings are the realistic settings then I would never step foot in the plane in real life.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

1 hour ago, FPStewy said:

I just now did a flight in the 310R and it was enjoyable to fly, but I do have to say that if the default settings are the realistic settings then I would never step foot in the plane in real life.

A side effect of the slightly unconventional Milviz FDE is that if you reduce the realism settings in the menu, the plane becomes increasingly difficult (and less realistic) to control.

Realism settings must always be at the maximum with basically all high quality FDEs!

The Alabeo 310 is noticable easier and hence more realistic to control.

Edited by FDEdev
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1