Sign in to follow this  
=Hollywood=

Will the first mission be...

I'm looking forward to these missions and the ability to create more. This is why VA's are popular, they give you a reason/purpose to fly, without that it gets old quick for me. People already simulate crop dusting.I look at everything that has been presented by the ACES team for FSX and think about what parts of it can be implemented in future 3rd addons as well.Regards, MichaelKDFWhttp://www.calvirair.com/mcpics/mcdcvabanner.jpgCalVirAir International

Best, Michael

KDFW

I agree. Missions add another dimension to FS like FSeconomy, FScargo and similar add-ons. With a mission editor, as of yet undefined as far it's flexibility and features, the possibilities could be endless.As I stated in an earlier post, flying from point A to point B can get tiring after awhile, missions, or add-ons utilizing mission programmability may be the slap in the head to keep one from losing interest.Ian.

Guest tdragger

Nope. Sorry. :(

I'm definitely looking forward to missions.The cropdusting thing? Yeah, I'd like to see it. Someone will make it as a tribute if it ain't in there on its own. I wasn't entirely serious, though - a little tongue in cheek never hurts, you know.Given the ability to create missions, the possibilities are not just intriguing to me, but also hold the potential of a level of brilliance and depth in the game.I guess in calling them "missions", it gives the activities a different esoteric feel as opposed to calling them "tasks". "Fly all kinds of 'tasks' !" lacks a certain marketing ooomph.The oil rig / helicopter segment looks exiting, but scripted. Yes, we're seeing some XBOX flavor here. I'm also anticipating "missions" such as taking a state police MEDEVAC to an accident scene and on further to a hospital helipad, or perhaps a series of air taxi fares to citytop helipads. Maybe we'll see that Air Tractor dropping water on fires instead of pesticides on crops? Or piloting the Vomit Comet? (Or... the Space Shuttle?)Heck... I've always thought an air race using jumbo jets would be fun.The ability to set up checkpoints (yes, assuming again..) seems like it could also be pretty valuable for training as well as setting goals for ferrying challenges, air rallies, and, I suppose, a slew of navigational challenges.I loved Pilotwings 64, and would welcome that type of fun in FS. Bring it on.And for those of you who disdain premature extrapolation, feel free to move along. Nope... you can't count chickens before they hatch. But you can still count the eggs. ;)-------- -- -- -- -- -- -Andrew

to me it turns the whole thing too much into a game. I never liked the "adventures" in previous (or current) FS versions for that same reason (nor do I own any of the type of products you mention).

Guest JSPuonti

tdragger,Can you tell us if missions can feature random elements or if we are limited to statics? As an example:A static firefighting mission would have you take off from a pre-decided airport and fly to a pre-set location to drop water on a forest fire object.A dynamic firefighting mission would allow you to take off from any airport in the world. You'd be told that there is a forest fire "roughly" X miles to "roughly" heading Y. You'd then have to actually *locate* the fire (by looking for stacks of smoke) and the mission would be different each time, offering more re-play value.

Guest Id Rather Be Flying

>tdragger,>>Can you tell us if missions can feature random elements or if>we are limited to statics? As an example:>>A static firefighting mission would have you take off from a>pre-decided airport and fly to a pre-set location to drop>water on a forest fire object.>>A dynamic firefighting mission would allow you to take off>from any airport in the world. You'd be told that there is a>forest fire "roughly" X miles to "roughly" heading Y. You'd>then have to actually *locate* the fire (by looking for stacks>of smoke) and the mission would be different each time,>offering more re-play value.I would have to "ASSUME" that YES it will be dynamic since they took the time to create that layer within the software. It wouldn't really benefit anyone to repeat the EXACT same mission in the EXACT same spot over and over again. This is purely conjecture on my part based on current information available and assumed targeted product value.Carmine http://forums.avsim.net/images/wave.gifhttp://img155.imageshack.us/img155/7118/phoenixtp8mg.jpg

I never used the adventures myself, but it leaves things open for those who utilize the aforementioned software and enjoy an rpg type element to flight simming. Personally, I'm leaning more towards a career type element, I enjoy business simulations and a career type mode or business model add-on would enhance the sim for me, though I agree, at its base, FS is a flight simulator.Ian.

"Personally, I'm leaning more towards a career type element"I think, if we're able to set up challenges with a good amount of freedom, you're going to see things like virtual airlines with qualifications and experience set up by means of goals which may be as simple as "hold your altitude manually for twelve minutes" or "execute a steep turn" or possibly as goal-points being parking ramps at a departure and arrival airport... and these things being "automatically" checked off by the program.Not sure, but there are lots of possibilities.Andrew

I enjoyed business sims too, until I got a job and had performance goals to reach or else...

>cropdusting?>>Sorry, couldn't resist.>>------>Your showing your age :).I wonder how many of us even remember the old crop dusting mission. What was the other one called? Something to do with shooting down the red baron??Matt

I rememebr WW1 Ace. I had so much fun with that. Even though it ran like a slideshow.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU