Sign in to follow this  
=Hollywood=

Will the first mission be...

BAWWWWaaahahaa...Thanks for the flashback!!I couldn't bomb or dogfight for squat on my C64, but that was a fun diversion. I loved the "diorama" mountain range too. -Greg

One thing I'd like to see/experience but nobody, as far as I know, has ever done is: Flight training as was done during the wars.There are a bunch of WWI and WWII/Korea/Vietnam sims out there, but nobody goes through an actual, realistic training regimen to teach you how to fly in that era.It would take a bunch of research and interviewing, but I always thought it would be cool to have to go through a military flight training regimen, planes and all with accurate missions for each step as would have been done in 1915-1918/1939-today. A good percentage of pilots were lost before they ever saw combat. Training was not easy.I'm imagining learning the basics in a PT19, moving on to a PT17 or something and learning formation flying. Doing initial training in actual fighters. Preparing to go overseas. It's not easy in a sim to do formation flying, but I've got a TrackIR, so I think it's doable. You could include a can of a castor oil mister that fires automatically so the user can even experience the smells :)I realize this is a civilian sim, but I think this subject is relevent here, especially if the missions can be created. I could see a whole game developed from it.Does anybody have a listing of what they did in each of their training flights? Or is there a site out there that lists such a thing.I would find that really interesting. I've read a bunch of biographies that go over this sort of thing, like how many colleagues were lost when they began their initial training in P-47's etc. (I mention this only in reverence to them and to show how hard training was).Thanks,Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

That's so funny. I wrote this note, then read installment two from SimHQ, and there it is. A simulator (A Road to the Thunderbirds) for training from T-6 - T-37, T-38, etc :). I'll definately be checking that product out.Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

Guest Simpit

Thomas:You may want to keep a eye out on what they are discussing at the bottom of this SimHq page: http://simhq.com/_all/all_020a.htmlHornit (he's around here, too) and the gang did a good job of covering E3 for all of us sim nuts!I know it's a different era, but it is along the lines of what you want.Simpit

Guest Simpit

note to self: type faster.Simpit

Guest sclincoln

Wouldn't it be fun if they brought that back, only with all updated graphics and flight dynamics.

Oh yeah both the cropdusting and WWI missions I loved in FS2.0 oh and FS4.0 too...I'd love to see both make a return, it actually have you something to accomplish in FS...I love the idea of new mission based stuff.Heck I'd love a mission flying my TV station's helo to report on traffic :)

Dean Mountford
Ultimate VFR

Guest sclincoln

There was a mission like that in Flight Unlimited 3 where you had to fly a camera man around Seattle in a 172 to film different stories like construction at the stadium, a pile-up on the bridge and even some guy hanging off the Space Needle. Great fun.

oh that would be sweet, oh wait remember the adventure in FS98 and 2000 where you had to film the las vegas strip?

Dean Mountford
Ultimate VFR

Guest tcable

Actualyl, That's wht I'd like for Falcon 4 AF. soup to nuts training from the beginning- emphasis on the F-16 conversion course.Now THAT would be cool. While I can fly and fight (fly better thatn fight) the F-16, I need more fight training. While there are elemets tehre in F4AF, I need more structure and syllabus type stuff. this coming from the ERAU flight program where you knew exactly what would be happening on flight #17.

Guest defpotec

>Your showing your age :).I don't know about that. I'm only 23 and I remember the old crop dusting mission. I also used to love the WWI Ace. What version was that anyway? Also, does anyone remember which version gave you the ability to paint your aircraft part by part?

>I don't know about that. I'm only 23 and I remember the old>crop dusting mission. I also used to love the WWI Ace. What>version was that anyway? Also, does anyone remember which>version gave you the ability to paint your aircraft part by>part? I believe it was FS 1 through FS 4 for WWI Ace and Cropdusting...Painting aircraft part by part started somewhat in FS4.0, gosh that takes me back to the days of the fsforum on Compuserve... Wish I could get all my old FS4.0 addons back lol, I loved the ASD addon MS came out with, I made my home town of Brisbane Australia on it, unfortunately I never released it online.. :( I still have FS4.0 tho :)Repaints took on more power with FS 5.0 and up...FS98 is where repaints really started taking off more and more, but then you did still need to convert the textures to bitmap and back...FS2000 was when the .bmp native textures were implemented... If memory serves me correctly...Talk about showing your age, I've been with FS since FS2.0 (I used FS 1.0 once on an Apple in school)...

Dean Mountford
Ultimate VFR