Sign in to follow this  
webranger

Rex EnvironmentForce out.

4 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

I never thought for 1 second after watching the stream that using TS with the well used R&D pre-set and putting EF on AUTO could screw up my sim so badly that no lighting setting within P3D have any effect anymore.

that no one could imagine because they advertise that every 3rd party addon will work with EF and so one can assume even everything preset. For me it is not possible to get one PTA Preset working.

Carsten U

Much as I like and am able to tweak, I think it's time for LM to issue updates that work (ie 4.5) and developers to issue products which don't f up your sim on install (ie REX EF).  Is it too much to ask? 

Holy cow guys.  Just relax and things will work out.  I wonder how much developers drink dealing with simmers when a new product is released?

Edited by mpw8679
  • Like 8
  • Upvote 1

Matt Wilson

11 minutes ago, mpw8679 said:

Holy cow guys.  Just relax and things will work out.  I wonder how much developers drink dealing with simmers when a new product is released?

It is nerve wracking for sure.. :rolleyes:

S.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, mpw8679 said:

You'd think simmers would be a bit more patient and understanding, given the niche nature of the hobby and how these products fit into a complex ecosystem. Yet, it always turns into a competition of who can complain most about the product not working perfect, under every single variation of sim setup, of which there are thousands given the amount of third party products available.

Take a breath, go through the appropriate support channels and get the issue sorted, so everyone benefits from an improved product going forward.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Can anybody else chime in to share his experience? Or its only David who has purchased Environment Force so far? 

Reading David's experience I guess no-one would like to experience that, however the absence of other voices means two things. Either for everyone except David EF is working fine or nobody else has purchased EF yet. 

Edited by Daedalus

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

3 minutes ago, Daedalus said:

Can anybody else chime in to share his experience? Or its only David that has purchased Environment Force so far? 

Reading David's experience I guess no-one would like to experience that, however the absence of other voices means two things. Either for everyone except David EF is working fine or nobody else has purchased EF yet. 

nearly the same issue for me. when using any PTA profile the sim "greys" out.

Thankfully i can restore the orig shaders with PTA and then everything is back to normal. That being said i cannot use any of my PTA shemes, especially not my loved April them from Gerald....

Carsten U

9 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

From someone that's enjoyed REX's products over the years Soft clouds/SF etc. To have my sim running so well over Easter and enjoying the new KLAS. To have my sim XXXXed up so badly its not even flyable ATM. To say am angry is a vast understatement.

The support so far from REX is boarding on.....I better not say.

https://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/topic/50738-what-have-you-done-rex/&tab=comments#comment-314792

Well when you take an afternoon off to enjoy a new product and it makes your P3D INOP...relaxing is a bit hard to do after spending 4-5 hours trying to sort it out.

For a programme that works outside P3D can anyone explain why none of my lighting options work anymore?

This is the risk you take using fresh software right out of the gate.  But getting angry and agitated doesn’t help anyone.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Matt Wilson

Just now, mpw8679 said:

This is the risk you take using fresh software right out of the gate.  But getting angry and agitated doesn’t help anyone.

sorry Matt, this is nonsense.

The Rex time had 3 years of development and numerous cycles in testing it. This mess that now occurs must have come up to them otherwise their testing was not a real life one...

EF is not working for me and my Sim looks like FSX in the beginning.

• Like 3

Carsten U

3 minutes ago, mpw8679 said:

I agree getting angry and agitated doesn’t help anyone put that's my problem but sharing whats going on does help other to see what can happen and the first guy to report on EF showed a VC all greyed out. So warning fellow simmer what might happen is not a bad thing.

This is a real mess and how someone using TS with 4.4 and R&D preset having these problems after "all the testing" is breath taking.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Upvote 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I really love and use R&D preset for PTA. Does REX5 EF change environment colors, brightness, saturation etc. used by PTA preset? Or just morphing clouds/weather and not changing any environment visuals applied by PTA?

Adrian

Hello,

I also have an issue with my cockpit being grey.

Without EF I obviously don't have this issue, if it can help I'm using the R&D Preset for Tomato Shade, Active Sky and REX Sky Force 3D.

I purchased EF from Justflight, used automatic mode but everything becomes too bright.  Have AS4 as well running. 

Have no clue why.

Please advise

Geo

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, RTK1972 said:

sorry Matt, this is nonsense.

The Rex time had 3 years of development and numerous cycles in testing it. This mess that now occurs must have come up to them otherwise their testing was not a real life one...

EF is not working for me and my Sim looks like FSX in the beginning.

REX has revolutionized and always pushed the limits in flight simming.  You can not expect a product this complex to not have growing pains.

• Like 1

Matt Wilson