Sign in to follow this  
HighBypass

Political liveries in the library....

7 hours ago, 3Green said:

He must work for CNN, or is controlled by £££ via government...

I was not aware that CNN had jobs going here in the UK. Seeing as I'm holding down a minimum wage job I would be interested if they offered a decent remuneration package! :tongue: I guess you could say that I'm controlled by the government... because I'm not rich enough.:dry:

In the current world climate of total PC, people get offended at what seems to others to be the slightest thing (myself included perhaps?). 

I only expressed slight displeasure (not gangrenous, limb-removing offence) at seeing a livery which, upon discussion is interpreted as either politcal or tourism related. Thanks to the points raised I shall think of Lufthansa's livery as tourism related, that way we are all happy. :cool:  Not that I'm putting it on the Lufty Cargo MD-11 I have in my virtual hangar you understand.

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

12 hours ago, BlueStar said:

I suspect it wouldn't have passed AVSIMs "freedom of speech" guidelines either.

They would have passed if authentic just like the swastika.

This topic is trying to compare the swastika with political correctness as, evidently, the OP found an aircraft(s) with a message to say yes to Europe.  The aircraft message obviously worked as we now have the European Union (ah, the power of the AVSIM Library!!). But I do not understand why we are comparing swastika (a very offensive symbol to many) with simple political messages like "say yes to Europe"?  Is it to emphasize that "say yes to Europe" is really bad?  What's so bad about "say yes to Europe"?  I'm sure there is another message out there that says "say no to Europe".  Just people expressing their opinions which makes the world go round and round.  Uploads containing such messages would not be removed unless they contain offensive words within the message that would not pass AVSIM's word filter.

If you look at Vic Green's Avatar - PATCO, it is very political but we have not removed it.  It's about all of the air traffic controller's who were fired by President Reagan in 1981. 

• Upvote 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hey HighBypass

Sorry for the harsh words I typed last night. I was under the influence, but that is still no excuse for the rubbish I typed. I have to follow this rule more often...
If you don't have anything good to say, then don't say anything. 

Looks like I "Offended" SKEWR, so he "Off" "Ended" me back.. LMAO.  The only person that can "Offend" me, is me. Only you can allow someone to "offend" you, no one else.

I'm a left or right wing, deep state conspiracy nut...I have two wings, one body and a rudder and I fly my own airplane. No autopilot, I use stick and rudder and make my own decisions based on multiple sources of information.  I've watched CNN and FOX news and realize I can't trust that information.  Faulty information (MCAS), you may crash your airplane one day. 
Everyone uses autopilot, and the one guy still flying with stick and rudder is a conspiracy nut and can't critical think.

Turn off the autopilot (CNN/FOX) and think for yourself. Don't let the airplane fly you, you fly the airplane.

This world of political correctness or "that's offensive" is being used for one reason:  To remove your right to freedom of speech.

RJ

Edited by 3Green
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

RJ - thank you. I gave some banter back. No harm no foul. :cool:

Mark Robinson

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

7 hours ago, Jim Young said:

...But I do not understand why we are comparing swastika (a very offensive symbol to many) with simple political messages like "say yes to Europe"?  ...

I was just using an obvious "political" livery example Jim. I did mention that in no way was "Say Yes to Europe" anything remotely as bad as what the swastika stood for. My apologies.

Mark Robinson

55 minutes ago, HighBypass said:

I was just using an obvious "political" livery example Jim. I did mention that in no way was "Say Yes to Europe" anything remotely as bad as what the swastika stood for. My apologies.

Not a problem Mark.  I am enjoying your OP so far.

• Like 1

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

1 hour ago, 3Green said:

This world of political correctness or "that's offensive" is being used for one reason:  To remove you're right to freedom of speech.

Couldn't have stated it better except I would have spelled 'you're' as 'your'. 😁

Submit News to AVSIM

20 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

Couldn't have stated it better except I would have spelled 'you're' as 'your'. 😁

I'm using my rented fingers again.  Maybe I should return my rented brain, and buy something better too..  I think I just offended myself... LMAO

Edited by 3Green
  • Like 1

On 5/1/2019 at 4:43 AM, pracines said:

Maybe Southwest Airlines will make a "Make America Great Again" livery - then we'll see.

And if they did that, they would not be flying much longer after coming out with that livery.  It wouldn’t take the media long at all to destroy them!

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Removed some off topic comments, including mine.

Submit News to AVSIM

5 hours ago, klamal said:

....It wouldn’t take the media long at all to destroy them!

So the US media is no longer patriotic? :dry:

• Like 1

Mark Robinson

Who cares, it's just a repaint. Do bother with important things.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11